2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 40K Maintenance?

09-27-2020, 11:36 PM   #1
khanmohammed
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 CS

40K Maintenance?

Hey all, my 2016 528i hit 40k few weeks ago and was wondering on what fluids and stuff I should get changed now or later. I have no idea if I need to change my brake fluid or brake pads but they feel good for now but I'm open to any suggestions

-Oil And Filter changed at 37k miles
-Suspension serviced at 37k miles
-rear wheel bearings/hubs replaced at 35k miles
-Valve cover gaskets replaced at 35k miles
-Alignment at 35k miles
-4 Michelin all season tires at 35k miles
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 12:02 AM   #2
Hoa
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Wow that's unfortunate for the suspension, bearing & valve cover. Hope all that was under warranty.

At 40K, there isn't much to do yet.

Brake fluid is recommended to be flushed once a year. A lot of people don't even do this. It is a neglected service for most cars.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 12:06 AM   #3
khanmohammed
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoa View Post
Wow that's unfortunate for the suspension, bearing & valve cover. Hope all that was under warranty.

At 40K, there isn't much to do yet.

Brake fluid is recommended to be flushed once a year. A lot of people don't even do this. It is a neglected service for most cars.
Nah what happened was it was a snowy day and I had the OEM run flats the car came with and was turning into a parking lot, there was black ice and car skid and rear tire hit the curb. Control arm got bent so I replaced that and then the car wasn't driving the same so the dealer fixed all these things up under warranty
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 12:50 AM   #4
mness
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 535iM

This is the schedule of the basics:
Oil/Filter: Yearly
Brake fluid: Every 2nd year from production date
Cabin Microfilter: Every 2nd year from production date (cheap/easy DIY)
Air Filter: Every 3rd year (cheap/easy DIY)
Spark Plugs: Every 4th year

Wear items like brake pads would go by measurement. Not uncommon to get 50k+ miles out of them on this car.

Being a 2016 and now 2020, could be due for the biannual brake fluid and cabin filter, and spark plugs, depending on what's been done already. Air filter should have been replaced already but is a cheap/easy DIY if not.
2013 535i M-Sport: Carbon Black with Oyster/Black Dakota, SAT, Driver Assistance Pkg, Premium Pkg, Multi-Contour Heated Seats, Navigation, H/K stereo. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S non-runflats, M5 grille, Painted reflectors from IND.
Appreciate 0