2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Has anyone bought www.DVDinmotion.com software?

04-16-2011, 01:10 AM   #23
dvdinmotion
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave View Post
Will I have to insert the CD everytime I want to watch a DVD or only once to unlock ?
Hi, you need to insert it only once. It stays unlocked then. You can also return it back to factory locked state by inserting the CD again.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 01:46 AM   #24
andyk500
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d M sport Carbon Black

DVDinmotion......

Thank you for your reply.

This is something i would like to get but have the following main concerns and would appreciate you feedback please .....

Does it really work?

Have there been any issues with the software causing any knock on effects or glitches with other parts of the cars software or general operations?

Can I remove it as easy as I installed it when the car goes to the dealers or do I need to keep it in and hope they don't spot it?

What guarantees do i have if it doesn't work or causes issues with my car?

Do I just install it once, then re-install it after a software upgrade?

I'm not a computer boffin so generally nervous of installing anything into the car and messing it up. after I've burnt the cd do I just put it in the cars DVD player and it will be simple instructions on the screen to follow etc. or is it more complicated?

Many thanks in anticipation
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 04:41 AM   #25
dvdinmotion
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyk500 View Post
DVDinmotion......

Thank you for your reply.

This is something i would like to get but have the following main concerns and would appreciate you feedback please .....

Does it really work?

Have there been any issues with the software causing any knock on effects or glitches with other parts of the cars software or general operations?

Can I remove it as easy as I installed it when the car goes to the dealers or do I need to keep it in and hope they don't spot it?

What guarantees do i have if it doesn't work or causes issues with my car?

Do I just install it once, then re-install it after a software upgrade?

I'm not a computer boffin so generally nervous of installing anything into the car and messing it up. after I've burnt the cd do I just put it in the cars DVD player and it will be simple instructions on the screen to follow etc. or is it more complicated?

Many thanks in anticipation
It is a new product. Development of this software took over a year of work and it was proven to work on 100+ cars now (all kinds with CIC system - X5 E70, X6 E71, 7 F01/F02, 5 GT F07, 5 F10; mostly European but some US cars too).

I hope soon there will be many positive feedbacks from forum members to prove it works flawless and give you some guarantee.

Main advantages of this solution are ease of use and the fact, that you can restore original state of your car easily (by just running the CD again). Nothing can be then spotted by BMW service.

Using this CD is really easy. You just put it in the car and wait, everything done by software. It takes under 1 minute. If you can burn the CD, you will have no troubles using it, for sure.

In fact, it is not really installed into the car. It is just launched once and removes the speed limit stored in CIC unit. No other units are touched in any way by this operation.

If you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 05:37 AM   #26
morkjt
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520d Auto Deep Sea Blu

I'd be willing to give it a go, but 100 euro is pretty steep for a small piece of software. I'm just not sure it's worth that much to me. Half that, yeah, I'd probably just give it a go.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 07:56 AM   #27
andyk500
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

I agree, especially as it's now been used on over 100 vehicles, that's over 10k euros in revenue which should have covered the developments costs and be at a point where it becomes more affordable yet still returns a healthy profit for the seller?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #28
cliveywolves
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport Plus Edition 2020

Quote:
I agree, especially as it's now been used on over 100 vehicles, that's over 10k euros in revenue which should have covered the developments costs and be at a point where it becomes more affordable yet still returns a healthy profit for the seller?
How about a discount for forum members ? I'd be up for that !
Sounds a excellent bit of software
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #29
Martyn.Simm
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i M-Sport (F10)

Bit the bullet!

Ok so bit the bullet and purchased this direct from dvdinmontion. Turn around was quick even on a Saturday. I now have DVD working while driving round. Easy to get working simply download an iso file and burn it to a cd. Insert cd into drive it will eject straight away remove it completely then wait 5 secs then reinsert. Screen will go blank an then boot up. Remove disc put DVD in an away you go literally with the DVD playing happily along.
Will make sitting in traffic a joy now especially when I burn tv episodes to catch up on.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #30
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

I bought this last night for my 750 and followed all instructions. It did not work. I emailed the vendor and am waiting for a reply....I expect they will remedy the problem or refund me in full. It still won't play once the car is in drive. Everything up until that point went as planned according to the instructions so I know I didn't install anything wrong.

I have doubts as to whether this will work on the F series cars in the US....they are different than the Euro models and if no one else has perfected this yet in the US (I know EAS was trying)...I doubt if someone just happened to come up with it and started a website suddenly.

Will keep everyone posted for US cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 06:06 PM   #31
EV0LVE
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 535i SG

i'll order this as soon as I know it works on US cars, specifically F10. I'm on the fence with the EAS box due to the labor intensive install and the dealer may detect it.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2011, 11:09 PM   #32
mspeasl
Sixties Drag Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cashmere Silver 528i

email me direct

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
I bought this last night for my 750 and followed all instructions. It did not work. I emailed the vendor and am waiting for a reply....I expect they will remedy the problem or refund me in full. It still won't play once the car is in drive. Everything up until that point went as planned according to the instructions so I know I didn't install anything wrong.

I have doubts as to whether this will work on the F series cars in the US....they are different than the Euro models and if no one else has perfected this yet in the US (I know EAS was trying)...I doubt if someone just happened to come up with it and started a website suddenly.

Will keep everyone posted for US cars.
Please email me direct when you get futher contact with the vendor of this product. (Mspeasl@yahoo.com)
Thanks
1957 - Chevrolet Bel Air 2dr Coupe' Drag Car (2nd Owner since 1964)
1947 - Chevrolet Sport Master Coupe' Street Rod (2nd Owner since 1974)
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 01:59 AM   #33
Alex170177
Rep
Drives: Merc C63 AMG

I have purchased it. Easy to install and works perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 02:42 AM   #34
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

I'll be damned, the vendor emailed me right back and sent me a new disc that had a little modification and it works perfectly! I turned car off and back on and it indeed saves it....so you don't have to reinstall disc.

Big ups to Lucie....they knew what they were doing.

As for some complaining about pricing...really? Isn't EAS' module more money AND you have to pay labor to install it AND you have do wiring, etc.

Nav-TV....they sell something like this for $600.

$175 is a steel......personally I'd sell it for even more. It took literally 3 minutes from burning the disc to doing the installation and it works. Can't get more plug and play than that.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 04:16 AM   #35
vngooi
Private
Rep

Hi dvdinmotion....does this work with F10s in South East Asia with shipment build Feb/Mar 2010? can this be "upgraded"? software-wise?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 06:26 AM   #36
dvdinmotion
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morkjt View Post
I'd be willing to give it a go, but 100 euro is pretty steep for a small piece of software. I'm just not sure it's worth that much to me. Half that, yeah, I'd probably just give it a go.
Hi morkjt,

no offence, but I would be surprised if you can show me any other solution with lower price. You can't consider it just a piece of SW. It does the same work as HW module with less effort for you.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 06:31 AM   #37
dvdinmotion
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Hi Andy, I can assure you it takes much more than 10K to create this software. It needs to be thoroughly tested (on many new cars) and of course protected to have some return of this investment.

Anyway, I am glad it worked for you.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 06:40 AM   #38
dvdinmotion
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vngooi View Post
Hi dvdinmotion....does this work with F10s in South East Asia with shipment build Feb/Mar 2010? can this be "upgraded"? software-wise?
Hi vngooi,

this is a little bit more complicated. It is possible but I need to know more informations. PM with explanation sent.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 06:52 AM   #39
andyk500
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn.Simm View Post
Ok so bit the bullet and purchased this direct from dvdinmontion. Turn around was quick even on a Saturday. I now have DVD working while driving round. Easy to get working simply download an iso file and burn it to a cd. Insert cd into drive it will eject straight away remove it completely then wait 5 secs then reinsert. Screen will go blank an then boot up. Remove disc put DVD in an away you go literally with the DVD playing happily along.
Will make sitting in traffic a joy now especially when I burn tv episodes to catch up on.
+1...

Many thanks, will keep the kids quiet on long journeys...
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 08:52 AM   #40
Touring
Major
Norway
Rep
Drives: i3,E21,M2,E23, Skoda Kodiaq

Can you send us a file for upgrading the steering too??
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 09:46 AM   #41
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi M Sport

I am waiting for these guys to be able to do a full profile update via this method. I'm talking about adjusting simple settings such as close windows while holding lock button on fob, fold mirrors when double lock from fob, close trunk (boot for most of the world) when holding trunk button on fob, unlock doors when engine turned off, unfold mirrors when unlock. All of these are simple settings and since the F10 requires e-sys to program (nobody has leaked it yet), this method would be wonderful. Order up your preferences in a customized disk and away you go. Heading to the dealer, no proplem, just insert the disk, set everything back to stock and nobody is the wiser. Before you leave the dealer's lot you can reset it all back to the way you like it.

A couple of hundred bucks for thsi convenience...you bet!

I guy can dream...
      04-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #42
dvdinmotion
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharbotcom View Post
I am waiting for these guys to be able to do a full profile update via this method. I'm talking about adjusting simple settings such as close windows while holding lock button on fob, fold mirrors when double lock from fob, close trunk (boot for most of the world) when holding trunk button on fob, unlock doors when engine turned off, unfold mirrors when unlock. All of these are simple settings and since the F10 requires e-sys to program (nobody has leaked it yet), this method would be wonderful. Order up your preferences in a customized disk and away you go. Heading to the dealer, no proplem, just insert the disk, set everything back to stock and nobody is the wiser. Before you leave the dealer's lot you can reset it all back to the way you like it.

A couple of hundred bucks for thsi convenience...you bet!

I guy can dream...
... or can wait for a very near future
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 10:32 AM   #43
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

It is nice to see the vendor "dvdinmotion" quickly addressed and resolved all issues with different purchasers right away. This shows the vendor has a real genuine interests in selling a product which future purchasers can trust/rely on.

Good going !
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #44
MarcJ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F23 M240i LCI

Can I download and burn on CD with a Mac ?
Appreciate 0