2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media (update pg5 wheel complete!)ordering ledermanz steering wheel...would like input!

11-15-2015, 04:17 PM   #23
hanhananh
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535i xDrive - non M

I'm new here and ever since I got my car I've been looking for a new steering wheel. The non M steering wheel just feel so cheap and tiny. I just sent the guy an e-mail, hopefully i will hear back from him soon
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 04:30 PM   #24
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanhananh View Post
I'm new here and ever since I got my car I've been looking for a new steering wheel. The non M steering wheel just feel so cheap and tiny. I just sent the guy an e-mail, hopefully i will hear back from him soon
he was very quick on his responses. being it the weekend you might not hear anything til tomorrow. pretty much just to give you an idea...any combos of whatever leather and colors you like he can do. just let him know but he pretty much told me with that type of steering wheel it's flat $450 with $50 shipping. i must have sent him 6 different versions of what i wanted and all he replied was no problem $450. only thing he doesn't do is carbon fiber which i think i'll order the middle off ebay
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 04:51 PM   #25
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 528xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg
Quote:
he was very quick on his responses. being it the weekend you might not hear anything til tomorrow. pretty much just to give you an idea...any combos of whatever leather and colors you like he can do. just let him know but he pretty much told me with that type of steering wheel it's flat $450 with $50 shipping. i must have sent him 6 different versions of what i wanted and all he replied was no problem $450. only thing he doesn't do is carbon fiber which i think i'll order the middle off ebay
You have more pics of the different versions you sent him?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 04:52 PM   #26
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBentley View Post
no...i pretty much told him descriptions of what i wanted and he pretty much said he can do whatever color leather, preforated, alcantara and different color stitching i wanted so as long as it didn't include carbon fiber.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 05:02 PM   #27
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
no...i pretty much told him descriptions of what i wanted and he pretty much said he can do whatever color leather, preforated, alcantara and different color stitching i wanted so as long as it didn't include carbon fiber.
Oh okay I see... What about wood steering wheel on the top and bottom portions? Probably not but maybe you know?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 05:06 PM   #28
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh okay I see... What about wood steering wheel on the top and bottom portions? Probably not but maybe you know?
hmm...dunno? never asked about doing it that way? i'll ask? shooting email now!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 07:41 PM   #29
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
hmm...dunno? never asked about doing it that way? i'll ask? shooting email now!
You're the man let me know! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 08:35 AM   #30
hanhananh
Rep

So I got a reply and they gave me a URL to their shop, if any one want it please PM me. But I couldnt find the exact steering wheel in one of your pic TJ, the only one I can find is the Alpina look steering wheel, and they cost like $1000 . They might ran out of f10 steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 08:52 AM   #31
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanhananh
So I got a reply and they gave me a URL to their shop, if any one want it please PM me. But I couldnt find the exact steering wheel in one of your pic TJ, the only one I can find is the Alpina look steering wheel, and they cost like $1000 . They might ran out of f10 steering wheel
Ahh man that's no good lol well can you PM me the link please
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 11:47 AM   #32
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Those are just steering wheels already done. He can custom make you one but it will take about 10-14 days. Which picture that TJ posted are y referring too?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 12:18 PM   #33
hanhananh
Rep

oh my, sorry, not TJ, but you lsturbointeg . I would definitely want something similar to the first pic that you post.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 04:40 PM   #34
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here's the response i got today
Hello!

Unfortunatelly no. We are planning such jobs like carbon and wood, but it's not possible at the moment, I am looking for persons who can do that works but can't find at the moment. Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 04:43 PM   #35
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Here's the response i got today
Hello!

Unfortunatelly no. We are planning such jobs like carbon and wood, but it's not possible at the moment, I am looking for persons who can do that works but can't find at the moment. Many thanks
Well there's still hope for it someday at least. In the meantime I seen a great looking steering wheel made for a Mercedes in his store that has black leather all around with white stitching and the bottom portion was also white leather. Looked great. Gives me ideas. My car is alpine white so I think I may go that route
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 04:44 PM   #36
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well there's still hope for it someday at least. In the meantime I seen a great looking steering wheel made for a Mercedes in his store that has black leather all around with white stitching and the bottom portion was also white leather. Looked great. Gives me ideas. My car is alpine white so I think I may go that route
use that design towards your new wheel. he can do it.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 04:45 PM   #37
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
use that design towards your new wheel. he can do it.
Yeah probably will. Only thing I'm scared of is if the white leather portion would get dirty easily.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 04:52 PM   #38
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep

Here are pictures I pulled from his store of the design I am talking about. What do you think?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 04:54 PM   #39
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here are pictures I pulled from his store of the design I am talking about. What do you think?
i like it but i asked the guys here if i should do a cinnamon leather on the bottom and they didn't like the idea.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 04:55 PM   #40
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
i like it but i asked the guys here if i should do a cinnamon leather on the bottom and they didn't like the idea.
Yeah for some reason I don't think the cinnamon would go well either HOWEVER I think cinnamon color stitching would go well for you and maybe cinnamon stripe at the top
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 04:57 PM   #41
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah for some reason I don't think the cinnamon would go well either HOWEVER I think cinnamon color stitching would go well for you and maybe cinnamon stripe at the top
thats an idea
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 04:58 PM   #42
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
thats an idea
All black leather top and bottom, alcantara on the sides if you want, and cinnamon stripe and stitching. Might be an idea lol I'm trying to picture it
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 05:00 PM   #43
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
All black leather top and bottom, alcantara on the sides if you want, and cinnamon stripe and stitching. Might be an idea lol I'm trying to picture it
good idea! which someone who had good photoshop skills
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 05:17 PM   #44
TJBentley
Captain
United_States
Rep

Just got the approval from the wife on this steering wheel that's always a plus lol she likes the design and the white bottom with white stitching. Gonna wait til some extra money comes around and it's a go
Appreciate 0