2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Some sound advice

08-13-2012, 06:07 AM   #1
nomorericeburners
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ending my Infiniti

Some sound advice

Greetings to all,

I have been driving Infiniti's and Acura's based on price and reliability for years and have thus far been relatively happy. Needless to say I am VERY well aware of German engineering. My situation has changed which will allow me to drive a German car and In particular the 535xi is my choice. I live in the burbs with decent roads unless I cruise to downtown Chicago and I am looking for some thoughts on my current configuration and what I should be paying....I don't want to open up argumentative discussions but more consultative. getting my desired color scheme is going to be a bitch I have a feeling....

2012 535xi
M Sport pack
Technology ( Navi )
Cold weather Pack

I am not that big on blind spot awareness or pop up speedometer on my windshield. The standard 535xi has some pretty lame wheels on it. I currently have a G37XS....It has the sports package with a better rounded body kit and enhanced brakes. Is that true of the M package. Or does BMW just pull the "M" logo and throw a steering wheel and a nice set of rims on the car and nail you with the upgrade. What about handling? Does the 'M" package change this? Dampening?

My G is up next month. My concern is BMW does a really nice job of confusing the average buyer. I saw a package allowance of up to 3500.00? I am going to drive the M package today at a dealer here in lake Bluff.

Desired car- White with cinnamon.....and all the above equip?

Any suggestions or warnings will be greatly appreciated. As consumers we need to protect each other more.

Peace!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 07:00 AM   #2
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

I believe the $3500 incentive is just for 2012, it will be hard to find a 2012 White with cinnamon with the options you want.
On top of the upgrade rims and steering wheel, the M sport also comes with upgrade seats, body kit and multi contour seats. The 2012 M sport comes with dynamic dampening but not the 2013.
Appreciate 0