2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Owner's manual 530d xDrive year 2014

11-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
pablo-the-diablo
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d Xdrive

Owner's manual 530d xDrive year 2014

Good day all,

I wonder if someone can help me find a pdf version in English of the Owner's manual for my new 530d xDrive year 2014 ?

The dealer told me that they only have manuals in the local language and he suggested I could find a manual in English in this website ??

I did check previous threads but all I found was a similar question by someone earlier this year... but no useful answer.

Any other technical literature available for this model will also be appreciated.
Many thanks in advance
Pablo
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
raleedy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i 6-speed

www.bmwusa.com. And if you have an iOS device, try the BMW Driver's Guide App. It gives you a customized guide based on your car's VIN, tailored to that specific car's original equipment.

Last edited by raleedy; 11-29-2013 at 10:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 12:07 AM   #3
pablo-the-diablo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleedy View Post
www.bmwusa.com. And if you have an iOS device, try the BMW Driver's Guide App. It gives you a customized guide based on your car's VIN, tailored to that specific car's original equipment.

Big thanks mate.
I have downloaded the 5 series manual...
So strange that BMW website in my country -apparently- does not provide manuals... but this was great.
thanks again!

I hope I can post a few pics of my car soon. I was planning to do so today.. I washed the car, took some pics... but the image quality of my old compact camera is not up to the job... I think the car deserves a decent photography :-)
Will post after I buy a better camera..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #4
raleedy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

You might notice that the US market does not offer a 530d model -- but the 535d model sold here is mechanically (and electronically) equivalent to your 530d.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 06:16 AM   #5
pablo-the-diablo
Rep

Thanks again for your comments. Much appreciated.
Oh yes... I had heard that before. it is so strange and confusing.
Anyway, it looks like the manual is a generic one for the whole 5-series and not specific for a particular engine, so no worries.
May I ask, what is your impression of your 2013 528i ? I know diesel and gasoline is not quite the same...
As for myself I am very happy with the car; only thing I am a bit concerned about the fuel consumption when driving. Consumption is good in open roads but quite high when driving in Seoul congested streets. Because I am not used to the torque converter and its sound and reaction in low gear I started to worry that something might be wrong with the car. The dealer had it driven by a bmw engineer and said it is all normal... I hope he is right :-)
Of course, when they say that "official" urban fuel consumption is 8 liters /100 km this is measured under certain standard conditions which probably are not as demanding as driving in seoul... Just in case, I am still observing the consumption figures.
In general, the car is great.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #6
raleedy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

You ask a question that is interesting to me. I test drove the 5- and 3-series diesel cars offered in the U.S. and was very impressed with the 535d. Then I started looking at the economic proposition, and I noticed that the diesel offered performance that is comparable to the 528i, more or less, with fuel consumption that is about 10% less, but at a price that is about 10% higher. I decided on that basis to go with the 528i. I'm generally happy with the car; it is very comfortable, but quite a bit less engaging to drive than my prior car, which was a 328i coupe (six cylinder, no turbo), with a six-speed manual transmission. The F10 seems to be conceived as a car where people will spend a lot of time, so the comfort level is high, it is luxuriously appointed, and the entertainment, communication and navigation systems are sophisticated. I actually drive relatively little, and most of my driving is in the city; it is not the ideal car for that kind of use. But that gets back to the choice between gasoline and diesel. The diesel car exploits its efficiency best on the highway -- and so does the 528i. My over-all fuel consumption so far is 27.5 mpg, which is close to what the EPA rating is for my car. Fuel consumption correlates strongly with average speed -- the lower your average speed, the higher the fuel consumption. I believe the diesel would be about the same.

I like the lighter weight of the 528i, and in principle I like the higher-revving engine, compared to the diesel. However, the 4-cylinder turbo makes an unpleasant noise, which is a little bit of a disappointment.

There are no mechanical flaws in my car, but there are a few areas where the navigation, communication and entertainment systems are a little quirky and unpredictable. I think BMW is trying to do a great deal in this area, and I look forward to the time when they are able to concentrate on the mechanical aspects of the car and leave the peripheral electronics to Apple, Garmin and the like.
Appreciate 0