2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media Chemical Guys just came in!(more stuff pg 3)

07-29-2016, 07:44 AM   #67
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabypr View Post
It left my microfibers texture like new. It doesnt affect its appeareance or softness.
Did you throw them in the dryer?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 08:00 AM   #68
gabypr
First Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2015 F10 535i

Garage List
No I just dry them with the sun. They were in perfect condition.

CQuartz UK 3 Ceramic Coating | GeoShield Pronano 50% Ceramic Window Film | M5 M Perf Steering Wheel | M6 Comp Pkg Mufflers | M Perf Floor Mats | CF Spoiler | RW CF Quad Setup Diffuser | RW CF Front Lip | CF Trim | BMW Interior Leds | M5 343 Wheels | Pure Stg 2 Turbo
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2016, 01:34 PM   #69
snj1013
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Did you throw them in the dryer?
I usually thrown mine in the dryer, with no heat, for 10 minutes or so to make them fluffy and then air dry them on hangers. They end up pretty much like new.
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2016, 07:56 PM   #70
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj1013 View Post
I usually thrown mine in the dryer, with no heat, for 10 minutes or so to make them fluffy and then air dry them on hangers. They end up pretty much like new.
Good to know you guys as I was just going to throw them away. Would it damage them if I actually throw them in the dryer with heat?

BTW what are you guys using for glass cleaner? I'm currently using the rain X 2-1 glass cleaner but I don't know if it's the wax I have on the windows but it smears around to where I have to go over it with a completely new paper towel to remove the left over residue if you know what I mean? Also, it doesn't bead the water like they say it does...I still have to use my windshield wipers when it rains.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 07-29-2016 at 11:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 10:11 PM   #71
DDD31
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24 M3CS, 95 E320, 85 300CD

I put my microfiber towels in the dryer at low heat and I've never had a problem with them.

For glass cleaner, I use Einszett Scheiben Klar Windscreen Clear ($9.31/bottle on Amazon). This stuff works great, absolutely no streaking. It doesn't provide any kind of water beading on the glass though. For that you'd need a windshield coating.

2021 MBB M5C (retired) 2018 Daytona Violet M3 ZCP (retired), 2016 AW 550i (retired)
2013 EBII 335i (retired), 2008 Platinum Bronze 535xi (retired), 2007 Monaco Blue 335i (retired)
1999 Hellrot M3 coupe (retired)
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2016, 11:40 PM   #72
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD31 View Post
I put my microfiber towels in the dryer at low heat and I've never had a problem with them.

For glass cleaner, I use Einszett Scheiben Klar Windscreen Clear ($9.31/bottle on Amazon). This stuff works great, absolutely no streaking. It doesn't provide any kind of water beading on the glass though. For that you'd need a windshield coating.
tried to pull it up on Amazon but the only that came up was their windshield washer fluid gotta link brother?
Appreciate 1
DDD311649.00
      07-29-2016, 11:57 PM   #73
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Good to know you guys as I was just going to throw them away. Would it damage them if I actually throw them in the dryer with heat?

BTW what are you guys using for glass cleaner? I'm currently using the rain X 2-1 glass cleaner but I don't know if it's the wax I have on the windows but it smears around to where I have to go over it with a completely new paper towel to remove the left over residue if you know what I mean? Also, it doesn't bead the water like they say it does...I still have to use my windshield wipers when it rains.
Rain-X can screw with the rain sensor...
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 02:11 AM   #74
DDD31
Captain
Rep

Quote:
tried to pull it up on Amazon but the only that came up was their windshield washer fluid gotta link brother?
Here it is:
https://www.amazon.com/einszett-9214...ndscreen+clear

You can get it at Detailed Image for $7.49:
http://www.detailedimage.com/Einszet...P499/500ml-S1/

2021 MBB M5C (retired) 2018 Daytona Violet M3 ZCP (retired), 2016 AW 550i (retired)
2013 EBII 335i (retired), 2008 Platinum Bronze 535xi (retired), 2007 Monaco Blue 335i (retired)
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2016, 02:45 AM   #75
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Rain-X can screw with the rain sensor...
no problems with my rain sensor as it rained today.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 01:36 PM   #76
snj1013
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i

Quote:
Most microfiber manufacturers instruct you not to put their towels in the dryer. I believe too much heat can cause the fibers to melt. You might get away with low heat, but I go no heat, and just tumble to fluff the towels. Probably a good reminder to wash your microfiber towels separately from other items. Same thing with drying.
Appreciate 1
      07-31-2016, 02:45 PM   #77
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Oh thanks for the recommendation! $199 that's actually a pretty good deal and for $20 you get the soap Canon as well

make sure when you get the electric pressure washer get an extended warratny, i have that one now and thats my 3rd one...i use it for washing the cars as well as cleaning my patio furniture and patio in my back yard, and my driveway, nothing major just basic electric power washer duties, and i've had 2 go bad after a year.

the extra $40 on the warranty has paid off well.

if this one breaks then i'll get a lower end gas pressure washer.

Also i use a leaf blower to dry my car and it works well, if you're concerned about it picking up particles you can take a piece of window screen material and wrap it around the air intake on the leaf blower.

yea its a bit heavier than the master blaster but it works really well!
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2016, 12:22 AM   #78
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpanipuri View Post
make sure when you get the electric pressure washer get an extended warratny, i have that one now and thats my 3rd one...i use it for washing the cars as well as cleaning my patio furniture and patio in my back yard, and my driveway, nothing major just basic electric power washer duties, and i've had 2 go bad after a year.

the extra $40 on the warranty has paid off well.

if this one breaks then i'll get a lower end gas pressure washer.

Also i use a leaf blower to dry my car and it works well, if you're concerned about it picking up particles you can take a piece of window screen material and wrap it around the air intake on the leaf blower.

yea its a bit heavier than the master blaster but it works really well!
ugh...i'd rather not deal with those issues if you already replaced yours a couple of times already. i'll play it by ear and see what's out there. not in rush really. great idea on the leaf blower tho as many guys are using that method to blow water off the car!

so this Wednesday (8/3) i will start on my long journey of pure wet, glossy and mirror shine with the scent of Hawt Hoes and Strippers! only thing i'll do that day is use Chemical Guy's CleanSlate to remove all waxes and what not when i wash the car, use Meguiar's clay bar again to remove all contaminants on the paint using Meguiar's Detailer as a lubricant and than start the first step in polishing using Chemical Guys V34. i don't think i need to use V32 as that's a really aggressive polish. car won't be driven until all is done so i'll post pictures along the way

i do notice people will use blue painter's tape to cover some things up...why is that? ie headlights, window trim, ect...maybe i missed that on the youtube videos

Last edited by lsturbointeg; 08-01-2016 at 12:42 AM..
Appreciate 1
DDD311649.00
      08-01-2016, 08:55 AM   #79
DDD31
Captain
Rep

Quote:

i do notice people will use blue painter's tape to cover some things up...why is that? ie headlights, window trim, ect...maybe i missed that on the youtube videos
Tape is used to cover up rubber trim so you don't get polish/wax on the trim. Cleaning polish/wax off of the rubber trim is quite a pain and you also transfer the black to your polishing pad which then contaminates the entire polishing pad.

I tape around the sunroof, rubber trim, and model numbers on the trunk. Taping around those areas makes your job much easier and prevents having to go back and fix all those areas.

Have fun and be sure to post your results.

Appreciate 1
      08-01-2016, 10:52 AM   #80
xxpanipuri
Major
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
ugh...i'd rather not deal with those issues if you already replaced yours a couple of times already. i'll play it by ear and see what's out there. not in rush really. great idea on the leaf blower tho as many guys are using that method to blow water off the car!

so this Wednesday (8/3) i will start on my long journey of pure wet, glossy and mirror shine with the scent of Hawt Hoes and Strippers! only thing i'll do that day is use Chemical Guy's CleanSlate to remove all waxes and what not when i wash the car, use Meguiar's clay bar again to remove all contaminants on the paint using Meguiar's Detailer as a lubricant and than start the first step in polishing using Chemical Guys V34. i don't think i need to use V32 as that's a really aggressive polish. car won't be driven until all is done so i'll post pictures along the way
[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/LSturbointeg/media/Mobile%20Uploads/CWS80316-2T.jpg.html]

Again i've had 2 others go bad they were all different brands.

So just get the extra warranty and you're covered for 4 yrs.

if i can get 4 yrs out of one of these electric pressure washers than it breaks i'm good with that...

looking forward to seeing pics!!
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2016, 03:25 PM   #81
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpanipuri View Post
Again i've had 2 others go bad they were all different brands.

So just get the extra warranty and you're covered for 4 yrs.

if i can get 4 yrs out of one of these electric pressure washers than it breaks i'm good with that...

looking forward to seeing pics!!
Ah I must've read ur post wrong as I thought you meant they were all the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD31 View Post
Tape is used to cover up rubber trim so you don't get polish/wax on the trim. Cleaning polish/wax off of the rubber trim is quite a pain and you also transfer the black to your polishing pad which then contaminates the entire polishing pad.

I tape around the sunroof, rubber trim, and model numbers on the trunk. Taping around those areas makes your job much easier and prevents having to go back and fix all those areas.

Have fun and be sure to post your results.
Okay cool! Thanks for that info I'm a picture who're so you know there'll be pictures haha
Appreciate 0