2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Exhaust pipe damaged?

03-31-2017, 11:13 PM   #1
BMW FOREVER
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i Xdrive

Exhaust pipe damaged?

My car was rear ended a few days ago and since then I notice the car has a subtle shake to it all the time. Nothing can be felt touching the steering wheel but through the seat you can feel the shake. Looking at just the damage externally it's minor..bumper has scuffs and scratches and the plastic Tab below the bumper is broken and hanging. Could the exhaust be damaged or perhaps moved a bit that it's making contact with the body and causing the car to shake? How to check this?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2017, 10:13 AM   #2
top ramen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Schwarz II 535i

Sorry to hear about your accident, hope you're ok. Does it shakes during park or only when driving? Doesn't hurt to inspect the undercarriage to see if anything is out of alignment. I really think it's something rubbing against each other for you to feel the subtle vibrations through your seat. Pretty sure you filed a police report and getting things done with the insurance adjuster. When they come to see the damages notify the adjuster about the shaking. If not, they're only going to repair the cosmetics only.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 04:27 AM   #3
BMW FOREVER
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i Xdrive

Yes I can feel the vibration during idle regardless of if it's in park, drive or reverse. Since the hit was pretty minor it's going to take someone with lot of skills to figure out which part is making contact I Guess. The dealership is handling the insurance claim and the insurance guy is supposed to view the car either this week or the next. Will make sure to tell them about this.
Appreciate 0