2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum MPPK "Sound Optimization"

04-20-2019, 06:31 AM   #1
AWe90
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 --> F10

MPPK "Sound Optimization"

Does anyone know much about this? I am interested in the MPPK as it is half the cost of Dinan Stage 1, but am not sure about the "sound optimization" element. I do believe the stock sound is too quiet...my original plan was to get the M Performance Exhaust soon.

Does anyone have experience with this? Is it very artificial? How loud would the car be with MPPK and MPE?

Thanks.
      04-20-2019, 08:16 AM   #2
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWe90 View Post
Does anyone know much about this? I am interested in the MPPK as it is half the cost of Dinan Stage 1, but am not sure about the "sound optimization" element. I do believe the stock sound is too quiet...my original plan was to get the M Performance Exhaust soon.

Does anyone have experience with this? Is it very artificial? How loud would the car be with MPPK and MPE?

Thanks.
Do some googling around "burbles" with MHD and Bootmod3. They have settings that emulate MPPK burbles as a start, then go more crazy from there.

FWIW, both MHD and BM3 offer greater performance gains, tweakability for the end user, and much lower cost than MPPK. Both would mess with factory warranty though, which may be a concern of yours still.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 08:39 AM   #3
AWe90
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 --> F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly73 View Post
Quote:

Thanks.
Do some googling around "burbles" with MHD and Bootmod3. They have settings that emulate MPPK burbles as a start, then go more crazy from there.

FWIW, both MHD and BM3 offer greater performance gains, tweakability for the end user, and much lower cost than MPPK. Both would mess with factory warranty though, which may be a concern of yours still.
Yes, under CPO until late 2020, hence OE or Dinan.
      04-20-2019, 12:01 PM   #4
Surly73
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535xi 8AT KWv3 MPE MHD xHP

Quote:
Yes, under CPO until late 2020, hence OE or Dinan.
For what it's worth, BM3 can reflash to your original ECU backup file and relock it so it doesn't appear to have been tampered with. I totally understand warranty preservation, though.
Appreciate 0