2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) Sept 2011 Rates/Resid

09-06-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
nymets54
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Sept 2011 Rates/Resid

My car is finally at the dealer. I ordered the car back in July and of course the deal was based on and locked into those rates. If anything became better as far as Rate and Residual it will be passed on.
Does anyone know what the new sept money factor and residuals are?
I just want to make sure I am getting the better of the two when I take delivery.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2011, 11:58 PM   #2
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i3S REx

Garage List
Wait you didn't have to pay for it before you ordered it? My dealer made me do the lease before they'll even order it. Now I'll end up losing like 3 months on the lease. I don't even have a production number yet. Is it different because I'm picking up in Germany? Though I've been told I can pick it up in 45 days in Germany but I've seen nothing on paper saying that and from reading here the forums seem to say it can take much longer before BMW builds a car after receiving a production number. The dealer did say they have a couple of cars that they can still change the build on so maybe thats how they're doing quicker?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #3
nymets54
Rep

All I gave them was a small deposit to order the car. They had no issues with that. I filled out a credit application to make sure I was approved before they ordered a 65k car. However, I didnt sign one piece of paper.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #4
Bomb617
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Alpine White 535i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFor View Post
Wait you didn't have to pay for it before you ordered it? My dealer made me do the lease before they'll even order it. Now I'll end up losing like 3 months on the lease. I don't even have a production number yet. Is it different because I'm picking up in Germany? Though I've been told I can pick it up in 45 days in Germany but I've seen nothing on paper saying that and from reading here the forums seem to say it can take much longer before BMW builds a car after receiving a production number. The dealer did say they have a couple of cars that they can still change the build on so maybe thats how they're doing quicker?
My ED is on 9/17 and I will go pay for my car this Fri (9/9)? 3 months of lease payment...your CA will see my lawyer if that is the case.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 02:28 AM   #5
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Well I haven't signed just yet but I'm supposed to any day. I'm held up on the sign off on finance approval for some reason. Never had any trouble before with BMW but I'm assuming they're verifying my information. I feel kind of in the dark on this process actually, I haven't got a lot of notice about what is going on but we came to deal last Friday and they have a deposit.

This is my first lease and first time special order so I'm not sure if that takes longer. I usually spend about the same amount of time finding the perfect car and finance it. So I'm trying something new. Perhaps I've miss understood them from what I'm hearing from you guys. They have the deposit and said they need payment 30 days in advance of me picking up and in Munich. To me that sounded like everything had to be signed and since its a lease, doesn't that mean payments and months start now? Its about 45 days before I pickup. I'll have it for 4 in Europe, and then it will be in transit to SoCal for 50-60 days. So thats about 3 months of payments and insurance after I sign right? Or do I have that wrong?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 08:45 AM   #6
nymets54
Rep

I'm sure you do not have to put insurance on the car. Also, I'm sure bmw doesnt make you make a payment until 30 days after you taking possesion of the vehicle. Ask you CA
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 02:30 PM   #7
Wardman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F15 X5d

I think with ED, you do take ownership once production starts and as part of the program, BMWUSA only asks for 1 month instead of 2 in security deposits to offset that. Look in to the program, it's pretty spelled out.

That said, you save about 9% on the overall price of the vehicle so if you can find the time, it's a great thing to do.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 03:14 PM   #8
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardman View Post
I think with ED, you do take ownership once production starts and as part of the program, BMWUSA only asks for 1 month instead of 2 in security deposits to offset that. Look in to the program, it's pretty spelled out.

That said, you save about 9% on the overall price of the vehicle so if you can find the time, it's a great thing to do.
I think you pay before you head off for Munich.

You definitely don't pay before production because my car is already built (finished production yesterday) and I haven't paid yet. I pick it up on Oct 17.

I suspect dealer will be calling me for payment soon.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 01:44 AM   #9
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
I think you pay before you head off for Munich.

You definitely don't pay before production because my car is already built (finished production yesterday) and I haven't paid yet. I pick it up on Oct 17.

I suspect dealer will be calling me for payment soon.
I haven't paid yet either but am expecting they be calling me soon. I pick up Nov 2nd but my car has not started production yet. The dealer said I'll sign the paperwork once they have a VIN.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 05:12 PM   #10
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFor View Post
I haven't paid yet either but am expecting they be calling me soon. I pick up Nov 2nd but my car has not started production yet. The dealer said I'll sign the paperwork once they have a VIN.
Do you know when we get the title. I'd like to have the plates sorted out before the PDC.
Appreciate 0