2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Navigation: Points of Interest Search

08-19-2017, 08:40 PM   #1
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: race car

Navigation: Points of Interest Search

Hi all, I just picked up a 2014 535xi a few weeks ago and still getting used to it. I am coming from a 2014 428i, which I just returned. One feature I really liked with the 428s navi was that I could do points of interest search for pretty much anything; like if I am in Queens, I could search for places in New Jersey or Philly by name, and the Navi would find the location and directions. In the 535 when I go through the menus to do an point of interest search, I get another menu asking if I want to search at my current location, at my destination or a different locations; this defeats the purpose because if I knew what the destination was, I wouldnt need the search. Is there any way search for any location without having to enter other criteria?

I also realized that the real time traffic info doesnt display, I guess the subscription expired since the car is 3 years old now, I wonder if that is why I cant search...thoughts?