2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Auto Start Stop Failure

02-06-2018, 07:37 PM   #1
khai Dow
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "Grey Goose" X7 40D, IOMG M4C

Auto Start Stop Failure

Hi All, received this message a few weeks back saying Auto Start Stop had been disabled. The car was a little jerky just before it happened. After that it seemed to drive normally. Same thing happened again a couple of times.

Now I've realised that the stop start is permanently disabled - ie no ending cut out in traffic etc. Also - I have an AH5, so now I never have the opportunity to drive on battery power alone.

I guess it needs to go to the dealer - but wondering if anyone has any ideas whether this is a big or a small issue. Finance on the car is done in a few months, and I may just hand the car back to them...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 10:39 AM   #2
Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Take it to dealer. Experienced this on a loaner from dealer (X1). It felt super unsafe as car was dead on the road and I couldnt move and being only one on a traffic light and catching up traffic speeding towards me was not a nice feeling, as I was stationary. So dont mess about, dealer time. Stress the safety aspect of the thing. My loaner just failed to start... I had to shut off car and restart it again, that helped. Dont want to experience again. I dont think its serious issue though fix wise.