2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums General 5-Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F07) Forum Just landed, my new 550 GT

10-05-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
osxcode
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: The M's

Just landed, my new 550 GT

I love this car, just arrived at the dealer and I bought it. The only missing packages were the active cruise control and rear climate control. I wonder if the rear climate control would have made much of a difference?

Love this car!

2016 BMW X5 ///M
2016 BMW M4 ///M Convertible

aLatteHotte - www.aLatteHotte.com - The Future of Coffee

Last edited by osxcode; 04-26-2013 at 08:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 01:20 AM   #2
juztinl
First Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 535i

congrat
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 04:49 AM   #3
SuiDO
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Enjoy your honeymoon. I have the same colour as yours. The colour is fantastic as it will become purple under strong sunlight!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
osxcode
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I love the color too, it's really a nice deep shade of grey/purple. Love the V8, wish I would have gotten the rear climate control but I couldn't find it on any dealer lots GT.

Overall, super awesome car, love the design in every way.

2016 BMW X5 ///M

Appreciate 0
      10-07-2010, 12:41 AM   #5
Twenties
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Gran Turismo 550i

Nice color choice. I was debating between that grey and the blue my wife convinced me to decide on (which I am very happy with).

How does the COMFORT mode feel compared to NORMAL? Is it significantly more comfortable? My GT does not have a COMFORT mode.

2010 BMW GT 550i (F07) Euro Delivery
Blue/wht+blk/ceramic. Spt pkg+20, Seat, Camera.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2010, 12:45 AM   #6
osxcode
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

That Blue is beautiful, the grey seems to hide the front Cameras in the front bumper which I liked. The Comfort Mode is best defined as "saucy" super smooth, it's like you're riding on air -- or like a cruise ship in water. I put it in normal mode most of the time and in sport mode when Im crossing over the canyons. Love the dynamic suspension, Im glad I got it. The only missing option that I wanted was the rear climate control but I couldn't find it anywhere and didn't want to wait 8 weeks for the order to come in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenties View Post
Nice color choice. I was debating between that grey and the blue my wife convinced me to decide on (which I am very happy with).

How does the COMFORT mode feel compared to NORMAL? Is it significantly more comfortable? My GT does not have a COMFORT mode.

2016 BMW X5 ///M

Appreciate 0
      10-07-2010, 11:42 PM   #7
car_fan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by osxcode View Post
That Blue is beautiful, the grey seems to hide the front Cameras in the front bumper which I liked. The Comfort Mode is best defined as "saucy" super smooth, it's like you're riding on air -- or like a cruise ship in water. I put it in normal mode most of the time and in sport mode when Im crossing over the canyons. Love the dynamic suspension, Im glad I got it. The only missing option that I wanted was the rear climate control but I couldn't find it anywhere and didn't want to wait 8 weeks for the order to come in.
Welcome to the outlaws Just kidding the GT is a unique vehicle that one can appreciate more and more each day. I don't know about you guys but my area is becoming saturated with F10 sedans. The strange thing about it is that all of a sudden I am seeing a bunch of 2011 528 loaners around. Now back to the GT you wont see yourself coming and going alot. That's a good thing in my book. With regards to the rear-climate I had to have it be because of my soon to be 9 month old. Its worth it, but I'm sure the standard HVAC is quite capable as well.

BTW: can't go wrong with Dark Graphite Metalic aka Sophisto Gray

Congrats on your purchase
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0