2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Coding f10 in the SF bay area?

07-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
Klecha man
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535

Coding f10 in the SF bay area?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Anyone in the San Francisco bay area willing to do some Coding for 2011+ F10?

There is a company, Alpine MS, in So Cal but I don't want to deal with remote work and sending equipment back and forth.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #2
Dhu
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 550

Alex at Alpine was super easy to work with (even though my case difficult since I had to use a parallel installation of windows on my mac). I am in the Bay Area and was looking for the longest time to find somebody, but with all the scheduling issues--I decided simply to go with Alex at Alpine. Super easy and actually wound up being cheaper. And he hooked me up with the 2013 Navigation update for a cheap price. Anyways, I would highly recommend. The only thing you need to do is to order the cable ahead of time (I got mine on ebay for $20). Everything else Alex takes care of...
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
Klecha man
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davehu View Post
Alex at Alpine was super easy to work with (even though my case difficult since I had to use a parallel installation of windows on my mac). I am in the Bay Area and was looking for the longest time to find somebody, but with all the scheduling issues--I decided simply to go with Alex at Alpine. Super easy and actually wound up being cheaper. And he hooked me up with the 2013 Navigation update for a cheap price. Anyways, I would highly recommend. The only thing you need to do is to order the cable ahead of time (I got mine on ebay for $20). Everything else Alex takes care of...
yeah I did get an email from him and he said he would take care of everything. He would need to send me some stuff with a $50 deposit and I would return it once he's done with the coding.

btw, does the coding erase once you take it to the dealer for normal software updates or maintenance?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 12:05 AM   #4
Dhu
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 550

Not for routine maintenance but if there is a major software upgrade, then yes, but that is unlikely to happen now. Anyways, Alex makes it super easy. The $50 is probably for a cable which you can buy off ebay yourself ( and keep in case you need more coding done). I love the coding changes... Makes all the little annoyances go away.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #5
Klecha man
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davehu View Post
Not for routine maintenance but if there is a major software upgrade, then yes, but that is unlikely to happen now. Anyways, Alex makes it super easy. The $50 is probably for a cable which you can buy off ebay yourself ( and keep in case you need more coding done). I love the coding changes... Makes all the little annoyances go away.
what is the cable name/# if you don't mind sharing. I'd rather get it as well instead of sending it back and forth.
Appreciate 0