2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications PLS Help F10 N55 constant misfire on cylinder 3

08-17-2022, 10:38 AM   #23
Zainshoaib
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJQG View Post
Car was running MHD stage 2 when it first started to get the misfire. Changed all the plugs as well as new coils. Problem still on cylinder 3. Next i figured maybe i'd try the fuel injector. Changed that and had it calibrated. Still same issue on cylinder 3. I also set the tune to stage 0. Just to see if it would by chance help it did not. I'm lost on what to do so any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Car has intake, charge pipe, intercooler, and catless dp if that makes any difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJQG View Post
Car was running MHD stage 2 when it first started to get the misfire. Changed all the plugs as well as new coils. Problem still on cylinder 3. Next i figured maybe i'd try the fuel injector. Changed that and had it calibrated. Still same issue on cylinder 3. I also set the tune to stage 0. Just to see if it would by chance help it did not. I'm lost on what to do so any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Car has intake, charge pipe, intercooler, and catless dp if that makes any difference.
N55 cylinder 3 and 4 misfire
Does anyone else have this same problem?
I have a 2013 bmw 535i I've always had a 3 and 4 misfire ever since I bought the car. the misfire happens during idle, if I let the car sit and idle for 10 to 15 mins, the car starts misfiring, check engine light starts flashing drivetrain malfunction screen pops up. But soon as clear the codes and drive it, it doesn't misfire .

What I have done so far:
Brand new spark plugs
Brand new ignition coils
Brand new fuel injectors
Did a compression test which was all good
Also did a leak down test which was all good
Pulled off the intake manifolds and cleaned the carbon on the intake valves,
After all that the car still misfires in cylinder 3 and 4
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2022, 10:57 AM   #24
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Sounds like a wiring problem. From videos I've watched (yeah, I know...) I would check the signal to the injectors. I watched one last night where a guy (rainman ray) was working on a Mini with a really bad miss. After checking with a test light, he narrowed it down to the DME. Starts at about the 7-minute mark:

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 10:32 PM   #25
danmol
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

i have the same issue. were you able to figure it out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zainshoaib View Post
N55 cylinder 3 and 4 misfire
Does anyone else have this same problem?
I have a 2013 bmw 535i I've always had a 3 and 4 misfire ever since I bought the car. the misfire happens during idle, if I let the car sit and idle for 10 to 15 mins, the car starts misfiring, check engine light starts flashing drivetrain malfunction screen pops up. But soon as clear the codes and drive it, it doesn't misfire .

What I have done so far:
Brand new spark plugs
Brand new ignition coils
Brand new fuel injectors
Did a compression test which was all good
Also did a leak down test which was all good
Pulled off the intake manifolds and cleaned the carbon on the intake valves,
After all that the car still misfires in cylinder 3 and 4
I have done everything you stated as well and i still have a rough idle and misfire on 3&4. have you figured it out?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 10:37 PM   #26
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i Xdrive

Verify if the injectors are correct. There are 2 types of injectors that fit. EU5 and EU6... they both fit and will run but constant misfires. Dealer had installed wrong version by accident.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2022, 07:57 AM   #27
alex0607
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 & E60

Surprise the OP didn't just use the old one to temporarily replaced the "faulty" one first while waiting for the new one to come. If he did I apologise. Missed that part of the conversation.
Appreciate 0