2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Rough shocks or suspension while driving over bump or road pothole

04-11-2024, 09:19 AM   #1
dariolessa
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i 2013

Garage List
2013 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Rough shocks or suspension while driving over bump or road pothole

I’ve just bought a like new 2013 535I with 70K mileage but this car does not ride smoothly. When I go over a bump even small like those reflectors on the middle of the road, the entire car shakes and I feel like I am riding a truck, car has been several time inspected by dealer but they are saying they can’t find any issues. When my co-workers ride with me on lunch, they will tell me how uncomfortable it is when you go over just a small speeding bump or small pots on the rood, it does not mater slow fast.

Car rides very well on straight HWY with no pot holes and car has been balanced and aligned by BMW
I don’t mind if I take the car to some other professional places for inspection to really prove to BMW dealer it is an issue with this car but I am not sure what that could be? Suspension, shocks,
Any expert or personal experienced?

The tires are Japen Toyo Tires original size 225/55/17 brand new.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 12:12 PM   #2
ChiNorm
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 535xi

Shocks is a good place to start. Look at Bilstein for replacement, not OEM. Good luck.
Appreciate 0