2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications VRSF DP Review N55 F10

09-15-2015, 09:59 AM   #45
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw doubles View Post
Yeah mines pretty heavy at times. It's rough.
Does yours come thru the vents or is it coming from outside?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 11:34 AM   #46
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg
Quote:
Yeah mines pretty heavy at times. It's rough.
Does yours come thru the vents or is it coming from outside?
It's from the outside. If I close my windows and put on recycle air nothing gets in the cab. It's only when I'm parked for along time like at a major intersection. You can drive with the windows down and nothing comes in the cab.
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 03:28 PM   #47
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

^^^^^

OK cool!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2015, 09:42 PM   #48
snowmuch
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Macan Turbo

Quote:
It's from the outside. If I close my windows and put on recycle air nothing gets in the cab. It's only when I'm parked for along time like at a major intersection. You can drive with the windows down and nothing comes in the cab.
After the tune I've noticed decrease in the gas smell. I'm guessing better air-fuel ratio. Also the tune got ride of my CEL triggered by O2 sensor.
      09-19-2015, 08:54 AM   #49
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmuch View Post
After the tune I've noticed decrease in the gas smell. I'm guessing better air-fuel ratio. Also the tune got ride of my CEL triggered by O2 sensor.
That's good stuff!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 01:35 PM   #50
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Ok some updates here and a slight apology to the VRSF DP product. I took my car to a known exhaust shop that does work on high end and muscle cars and they said it was not seated properly. They put it up on a lift and, used a crowbar to push the exhaust towards the DP and then tighten it. I will say that it has cured 90% of that leak sound, but I guess there's a natural metal sounding ring from the VRSF DP in higher RPM's. So my apologies to Tiago for improper install and review.

While I was there I had them do a muffler delete. I hate it. Looking into Dynomax VT mufflers. They have a spring loaded system that opens up at WOT kinda like the BMW system, but for a 100 a piece plus 100 installation I think it'll be worth it.
Attached Images

535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

Appreciate 1
      09-24-2015, 02:12 PM   #51
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Look at all those tips! I even see quad burnt tips and some that look like quad Remus tip! so how does it work with the spring loaded system? Any vacuum lines they gotta run and pictures...post the muffler pictures!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 02:22 PM   #52
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

I found some info on this muffler

The Dynomax VT muffler is a revolutionary, high-flow straight-through stainless steel performance muffler that controls irritating drone while ensuring maximum performance.

Valve Technology Mufflers feature an exclusive, precisely calibrated internal valve that redirects exhaust flow, during cruising conditions, to provide Drone-Free Performance. Hammer the gas and the valve automatically adjusts for maximum exhaust flow, delivering on-demand performance and a deep, throaty drone-free sound.

FeaturesDRONE-FREE PerformanceSlotted Bushing Ends100-Percent WeldedCRF Technology (Continuous Roving Fiberglass)Continuous Perforated TubeStainless steel constructionStraight-through welded designOn-demand performance and soundSpecificationsOffset
Inlet Diameter: 3"Center
Outlet Diameter: 3"
Shell Diameter: 4.5" x 9.75"
Overall Length: 19"
Shell Length: 14"
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2015, 02:38 PM   #53
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
I found some info on this muffler

The Dynomax VT muffler is a revolutionary, high-flow straight-through stainless steel performance muffler that controls irritating drone while ensuring maximum performance.

Valve Technology Mufflers feature an exclusive, precisely calibrated internal valve that redirects exhaust flow, during cruising conditions, to provide Drone-Free Performance. Hammer the gas and the valve automatically adjusts for maximum exhaust flow, delivering on-demand performance and a deep, throaty drone-free sound.

FeaturesDRONE-FREE PerformanceSlotted Bushing Ends100-Percent WeldedCRF Technology (Continuous Roving Fiberglass)Continuous Perforated TubeStainless steel constructionStraight-through welded designOn-demand performance and soundSpecificationsOffset
Inlet Diameter: 3"Center
Outlet Diameter: 3"
Shell Diameter: 4.5" x 9.75"
Overall Length: 19"
Shell Length: 14"

Here's an internal pic from the different internets. I'll be the trial pig for this application. I'll probably start a different thread.

PS the muffler delete was 100 bucks. If you're in LA and you wanna know the shop hit me up and I'll pass along the info.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 03:19 PM   #54
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Are u waiting or is it done? How does it sound and which tips did u go with?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 03:46 PM   #55
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Are u waiting or is it done? How does it sound and which tips did u go with?
The delete is done. Tons of drone all over the range. I can video record It if you want.

I might stray away now from the dynomax VT. people recently reporting in their e46's the spring and flap eventually rattle. Looking at flow master HP II or the black widow muffler.

Appreciate 1
      09-25-2015, 07:29 AM   #56
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Well that sux
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 12:09 PM   #57
snowmuch
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I found that if you retune your car after DP muffler delete, it will get ride of 90% drone noise
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 07:34 PM   #58
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmuch
I found that if you retune your car after DP muffler delete, it will get ride of 90% drone noise
That is great news. Yeah my DP sounds like pissed off bees fighting in a tin can. The muffler has to low of frequency which maybe the tune can fix that too.

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 07:52 PM   #59
snowmuch
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That is great news. Yeah my DP sounds like pissed off bees fighting in a tin can. The muffler has to low of frequency which maybe the tune can fix that too.
I never experienced any drone with DP alone. Muffler delete is the culprit.
      11-13-2015, 12:01 PM   #60
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
It's unfortunate I didn't see this earlier. We did send that shop a replacement pipe a few weeks ago and are waiting to hear back but we have confirmed the outlet dimensions on all of our pipes and they're all the exact same size as the OEM.

It looks like you go it cleared but if the v-band isn't properly angled, you'll experience a less than stellar fitment. Make sure your installer properly angles the downpipe, then clamps down the rear section before clamping down the front section, otherwise the pipe won't fully seat into the catback.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 12:17 AM   #61
combatbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 20' X3M CP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC View Post
Damn really the DP didn't add no extra sound ? and minimal gains?
=\
And babies don't cry.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 02:56 PM   #62
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF
It's unfortunate I didn't see this earlier. We did send that shop a replacement pipe a few weeks ago and are waiting to hear back but we have confirmed the outlet dimensions on all of our pipes and they're all the exact same size as the OEM.

It looks like you go it cleared but if the v-band isn't properly angled, you'll experience a less than stellar fitment. Make sure your installer properly angles the downpipe, then clamps down the rear section before clamping down the front section, otherwise the pipe won't fully seat into the catback.
Will do. Thanks for responding and the tips.

Appreciate 0