2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding IOS6 steering wheel phone button problem

10-01-2012, 01:39 AM   #1
MMVI
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 4 something

IOS6 steering wheel phone button problem

Since putting ios6 on my 4gs. I can no longer answer a phone call using the steering wheel button, having to revert to the idrive controller to connect the call.

Curiously 'hang up' does work from the steering wheel.

Anyone else the same.

P.s. none of the office functions work. Which continues to be ridiculous.
My previous Nokia c5 had perfect integration even to the extent the text messages could be read out.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 05:30 AM   #2
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

on older OS systems the button works when it feels like it, I read in a tread that the BMW upgrade resolved the issue, I downloaded the file but never got the chance to upgrade my car, so the issue is not specific to OS6, mind you maybe with OS6 the problem is back on as it was the case with previous OS versions.
One other reason why I always delay my upgrades by at least couple of months, in order to check how bad a new version is.
check if your car is up to date with BMW via .com site
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
BDV
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F11 525D

wasn't working for me either in 5.1.1. The dealer updated some firmware (not the one you can do yourself) and that fixed it. In the mean time I upgraded to iOS 6.0 and it still works fine.

What I experienced before the update was that I couldn't answer, on the steering wheel, the first call that came in (when I didn't place call first myself). Answering a second and subsequent calls worked fine. Ending the first and subsequent calls worked fine.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #4
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDV View Post
wasn't working for me either in 5.1.1. The dealer updated some firmware (not the one you can do yourself) and that fixed it. In the mean time I upgraded to iOS 6.0 and it still works fine.

What I experienced before the update was that I couldn't answer, on the steering wheel, the first call that came in (when I didn't place call first myself). Answering a second and subsequent calls worked fine. Ending the first and subsequent calls worked fine.
Thanks BDV for the info, I be checking with my Dealer of this firmware, as the same issue applies for my wife X3.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #5
MMVI
Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 4 something

Upgraded to the latest version of the software today after checking daily since the release of iOS 6 and this problem. My updates are over the tee service which makes it easier.

Pleased to report that it is fixed
Appreciate 0