2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 2011 BMW F10 and Apple IOS 9

09-17-2015, 01:07 PM   #1
SteveGould
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 520d 2011 F10

Exclamation 2011 BMW F10 and Apple IOS 9

I was genuinely quite happy with the little notification centre workaround to get my e-mails appearing in messages section. I did it every morning and evening without thinking – get in car, wait for Bluetooth pair, access settings -> notifications -> mail and then change the amount of items displayed from 10 to 5 or 5 to 10 depending what I’d set them to last time.

Well blast it if Apple (in their wisdom no doubt) has removed this “Amount of items to display” option from the latest IOS 9 operating system for the iPhone. I called Apple about it when I got home, in short they have removed it and there is no alternative workaround that I’m aware of for now. They suggested I comment about it in the user groups so in some iteration down the line they look to add it again.

So, if you’re happy getting your e-mails using this workaround, don’t bother upgrading your phone because you’ll be shooting yourself in the foot.
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2015, 09:40 AM   #2
johnnya
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 F36 435i xDrive

I have the same issue... just upgraded and bought a new 2015 5 series and same issue as yours.

I seriously thinking going back to Android, everything was working, full email support, txt and contacts with pictures and all. I can't believe apple can't this thing strait
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 10:02 AM   #3
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveGould View Post
I was genuinely quite happy with the little notification centre workaround to get my e-mails appearing in messages section. I did it every morning and evening without thinking – get in car, wait for Bluetooth pair, access settings -> notifications -> mail and then change the amount of items displayed from 10 to 5 or 5 to 10 depending what I’d set them to last time.
I too have been unable to receive e-mails in my car.

Are you saying the work around was to change the amount of notification items displayed from your phone settings each time you got into your car and then it would work?

Consider turning off and on 'allow notifications' for the mail app. See if that's yet another work around...
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 02:05 PM   #4
geminiys
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013, 535XI & 2005 M3

My workaround has always been to close Mail Application after Bluetooth is paired with my iPhone but this morning, after an upgrade it no longer works. If anyone knows of solution, please post it.
2018, Q5, 100 miles
2005, XC70 AWD, 160k miles
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 02:30 PM   #5
C5 FOR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 xDrive30d Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveGould

Well blast it if Apple (in their wisdom no doubt) has removed this “Amount of items to display” option from the latest IOS 9 operating system for the iPhone. I called Apple about it when I got home, in short they have removed it and there is no alternative workaround that I’m aware of for now. They suggested I comment about it in the user groups so in some iteration down the line they look to add it again.

So, if youÂ’re happy getting your e-mails using this workaround, donÂ’t bother upgrading your phone because youÂ’ll be shooting yourself in the foot.
Why in Gods name would you want to read your emails when you are driving???

Despite the dangers, are we really getting to the tipping point now?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2015, 03:10 PM   #6
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5 FOR View Post
Why in Gods name would you want to read your emails when you are driving???

I read the other thread about reading texts while driving and refrained from commenting, but was thinking the same thing. If you absolutely have to read them and feel you/they are "that" important... time to get someone to drive you around.
Appreciate 0