2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Frankland coilsprings set from Amazon

12-17-2023, 06:49 AM   #1
dennis3258
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520D

Garage List
Frankland coilsprings set from Amazon

Name:  IMG_4039.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  387.1 KBRecently had my 2010 520d checked for MOT.
The car went to a reputable garage to be checked and reported that one coil spring in to front was broken also a coil spring in the rear.
Easy decision, buy a complete new set and its sorted, yeah sure.
I have the agreement with the garage, being a nearly pension ex mechanic myself, that I buy the parts, they do the job, I found a set on Amazon from a company called "Frankland" for the exceptional price of£77.99.
My car just being completely standard, what could go wrong.
The part numbers where correct and cross checked, everything should fit and went ahead with the job on the 27th of November.
The result was so incredibly wrong that my car couldn't be driven without the front slamming the road with every minimal bump on the road.
The rear was so high up that I couldn't even see three the mirror what actually was behind me.
Learned my lesson well, “If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is”.
Amazon doesn't take any responsibility going completely against the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
The reseller has paid back the parts but as the car had to go back to the garage to have the set replaced also cost money, which also should be paid for being consequential loss.
So, for anyone looking parts, don't be as stupid as me and go to a reputable shop or reseller.
By the way, Frankland seems to be Chinese, well it isn't quality at all.
The picture was a day after I picked up the car, the front still went lower the next day, the rear stayed as it was.
the second picture with the Vogtland Club Lowering Suspension Kit which made the car a far better drivable car I could imagine
Attached Images

Last edited by dennis3258; 12-17-2023 at 06:55 AM..
Appreciate 0