2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Bavaudio Review

12-26-2015, 03:41 PM   #133
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 550 Xdrive Msport

Speaker number one is in and WOW! I pulled the seat today, trimmed the carpet back with the foam sound deadener. Pulled the speaker enclosure (2x10mm bolts) and then I installed sound deadening material under seat. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND the sound insulation AND ensure you TEST the speaker before installing the cover grill and seat. I found out these speakers rock so much mid and bass that my enclose was RATTLING! So I tightened the silver T-15 screws down but still had SOME rattle. So I pulled everything and then installed sound insulation, put everything back and POOF, NO RATTLES!

Have to say, these put MUCH clearer bass and mids. I kept in the Drivers side to do a sound comparison and the Bav Audio IS AMAZING compared to the Premium Sound system OEM speaker and it is not even broken in yet! It is Just CLEARER, very noticeably. Where the OEM sub muffles out sounds, the Bav is crystal clear!

Yes, I took pictures, YES, I will post a DIY for everyone. But I need to finish the drivers side tomorrow before I can do that.

All I can say is THEY SPEAKERS ARE WORTH the money! Very happy with them.

...Mike
Appreciate 2
      01-04-2016, 10:37 AM   #134
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tree View Post
Please post the torque settings if you can find them. The guys at Bavsound assured me that they would provide the torque settings prior to shipping the speakers, but they failed to do so. I got mine pretty tight, but I'm going to stop by my local dealer and see if they can look it up for me.

I spent some time in the car yesterday listening to all kinds of music, and messing around with the EQ settings. So far I like the sound. Bass is much clearer, and I'm hearing things that I haven't heard before in my music. I haven't really pushed the volume too high yet, but there is a good solid punch from these speakers, and much improved low end frequency response. Overall I am very happy with this upgrade. I think it's a significant improvement over the stock speakers, just as I think the stage 1 was a significant upgrade as well. I'm interested to hear what everyone else's experience is as well. My only (minor) criticism so far is that Bav failed on the gasket issue, failed to provide torque specs, and failed to provide good install instructions specific for the f10 chassis.
These things were easily overcome, but I think they could have done a little better in that regard.

Should be 43 nm and the bolts are one time use only and recommended you replace the, once removed. 2.00 each from getbmwparts online..

Here you go courtesy of another member...

According to BMW ISTA/D this is the procedure to remove/ install front seat of BMW F10.
Move front seat rearwards.
Release screws (1).
Installation note:
Replace screws.

Tightening torque 52 10 01AZ.
1AZ Seat to floor panel F01 / F02 / F03 / F04 / F07 / F10 / F11 / F18 M 10 (trilobular) Replace Powerlock screw (self-locking) 43 Nm
This means that once you remove the seat bolts, you can not reuse it. It is powerlock screw, one time use only. Tighten torque is 43 NM.

Part number for the screw is 07149156953, total of 8 for two front seats.

I already order the screws with BMW, less than $2 each.
Need to wait for screws for about a week.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2016, 08:34 PM   #135
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

I'm pretty sure not everyone is going to replace the screws.
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 01:37 PM   #136
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep

Well, it is an option. I think if you remove them once you will be fine, but I would highly recommend at least torqing them to proper specs if god forbid you get into a car accident. Last thing you want is the bolts snapping off and you go flying through the windshield with the seat attached.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 04:23 PM   #137
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekilpatrick View Post
Well, it is an option. I think if you remove them once you will be fine, but I would highly recommend at least torqing them to proper specs if god forbid you get into a car accident. Last thing you want is the bolts snapping off and you go flying through the windshield with the seat attached.
funny part is Bav never mentions anything about this in any of their YouTube videos especially since this is a Safety Issue!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2016, 09:14 PM   #138
cm048
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekilpatrick View Post
Once torqued, powerlock screw provides vibration resistance. This screws are a critical part of the safety. If BMW instructs their services for one time use, it must be a safety reason behind.

I would suggest that you use the old bolts in the beginning making sure that installation is rattle free for a week then put a new bolts in with proper torque.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 04:36 AM   #139
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm048 View Post
Once torqued, powerlock screw provides vibration resistance. This screws are a critical part of the safety. If BMW instructs their services for one time use, it must be a safety reason behind.

I would suggest that you use the old bolts in the beginning making sure that installation is rattle free for a week then put a new bolts in with proper torque.
I concur. For 16.00 plus about 8.00 shipping, a 30.00 expense is not worth dying in a car accident God forbid the worst would happen. I was hit in the driver's door by a car at 70 mph six years ago and walked away, with back injuries, but alive because of the safety systems. I think there is a lack of Education for replacing safety bolts on a car and understanding torque values. To be frank, I doubt a dealership would even replace the bolts with a repair. BUT, a. Very smart German engineer. Stated the replacement of the. Bolts for a reason...
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 08:47 PM   #140
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

anyone get a chance to see what the mounting depth is for these subs or what the mounting depth of the underseat enclosure is?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 03:44 AM   #141
msfive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 5281

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
anyone get a chance to see what the mounting depth is for these subs or what the mounting depth of the underseat enclosure is?
I say 2 1/2 to 3 inches. Maybe less!
Appreciate 0