2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Check Engine Light! Ftl

03-23-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
SMOKE EM IF U GOT EM!!
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' E90 330, 20' F97 X3m

Garage List
2006 330i SPORT  [7.34]
Check Engine Light! Ftl

Picked the car up feb 11. Loved everything about it. Drove it the second day and got "GAS CAP LOOSE, PLEASE TIGHTEN GAS CAP" warning. Got out like a retard and tried to tighten the already tightened cap. Didnt think anything of it. Drove the car for the next three weeks w the mysterious warning popping up intermittently and it was driving me crazy. Called the dodo birds at the dealer and got "Did you get out and tighten the gas cap?" in response. Wow really? So finaly last weekend went to the gym and got the warning display again followed by the "CHECK ENGINE" light. Thats was the last straw.

Brought it in to the stealers on tuesday the 15th. First visit and the car is only a month old. WTF ? Get a call back later that day saying they smoked the emissions and fuel system out and found a leaky and faulty filler neck. Replacing it under warranty. Naturally they dont have the part in stock. Was special ordered from the motherland.

Its now going on Thursday the 24th. They have had my car now 9 soon to be 10 days. Now the problem is, on a brand new car that shouldnt have had this particular issue, I feel these numbnuts shouldve have overnighted the part and got my car back on the road asap. Im paying an arm and a leg for this thing and i understand shit happens, but i mean come the fuck on now. Its almost two weeks, weekends incl.

I normally dont whine about shit like this, I know new cars tend to have some issues, but Im not happy the way they handled this. Called the dealer every day this week. Got one story after another. Getting fed up. Now the sa is out sick the last two days, so I feel the rapeage coming on big time. I just needed to rant, as now Im driving a preowned e60 loaner that they seem to think i enjoy driving.

thanks for listening guys.

end rant.../

LIVE FAST..DRIVE FASTER!!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
Losco
Second Lieutenant
Japan
Rep
Drives: F10 528i M-sport

after 3 weeks I picked up my car, I drove it to the dealer for creaking gas pedal, moving license plate and bluetooth problem. Only difference is I got Z4 to beat around while my F10 was in the shop for a week
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 08:55 PM   #3
SMOKE EM IF U GOT EM!!
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' E90 330, 20' F97 X3m

Garage List
2006 330i SPORT  [7.34]
Yeah I had the moving license plate problem too. Mine moved itself from being screwed to the front bumper to sitting in my trunk.....

LIVE FAST..DRIVE FASTER!!
Appreciate 0