2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK H7 bulb to LED bulbs aim issues

10-29-2023, 04:15 AM   #1
dcm1k
Registered
Rep
Drives: F11 BMW 520d M Sport Tourer

H7 bulb to LED bulbs aim issues

Hi All,

Yesterday I replaced the H7standard bulbs to some LED bulbs which took a while to fit as i hands don't fit in the small space. I went out for a drive a night to see what they are like and the left is really low. The dipped headlights still move up and down when the car is started but now the adjustment wheel inside the car doesn't make a difference.

Not sure what i have done so i need to check them again today. I need to get this right today as i work long hours and can only really test the aim at night and make changes at the weekend. Because of the wheels are quite large i cant turn to wheel and changed the bulbs that way so i have to take the wheels off the change the bulbs which is a pain.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2023, 12:42 AM   #2
zrile
Private First Class
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 320xd

Hi! What led's you got? I got F31 2014 before, and got led upgrade kit, from halo bulbs,and it was pita to install.... problem is in those 3 clips that hold bulb. Every clip has security pin, and if that security pin is not bent towards bulb, it will not hold. I was adjusting my bulbs for 10 days untill i got the solution. And if your vertical aim is not working, something messed up when you coded led conversion. Try to revert coding and code led conversion again. If vertical aim is working when you start the car, it's not cables that are preventing lights to go up and down. Also, if you coded in turning lights (fog lights on when steering), vertical aim on adjusting wheel will stop working.
Appreciate 0