2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Will an Adaptive Headlight TMS work in non adaptive headlights?
View Poll Results: Will it work?
Yes 0 0%
No 1 100.00%
Try it lol 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

02-01-2024, 04:04 PM   #1
F10msportnoob
Noob
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520d M Sport

Will an Adaptive Headlight TMS work in non adaptive headlights?

I have a pre lci 2011 f10 msport, and I recently got the vertical headlight aim fault, along with the Angel Eyes not working.

I removed the wheel and went in through the liner to the back of the headlight to find that whoever replaced the bulbs never put the cap back on properly and it was just sitting there, so moisture must have been entering. I removed the TMS to find that the connected was all corroded and basically beyond repair.

I ordered a replacement online, getting the part number from BMWs catalogue. When it arrived I realised that the TMS circuit board was different and had more connections than the old one. I looked at the part description and it says it’s for adaptive headlights. Mine doesn’t have adaptive headlight control.

The supplier warned that they will not refund the part if it has been installed due to the TMS coding to that vehicle once turned on. (Their words)

Question is will an adaptive TMS work on non adaptive lights? Before I go and install and find out and possibly ruining the chance to refund/replace?

Any advice?
Appreciate 0