2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Marketplace Owner's Marketplace - F10/F11 Classifieds 2013 BMW 528i Xdrive, new Turbo and a bunch more

10-02-2023, 10:20 AM   #1
Kasonova
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 528i xDrive

2013 BMW 528i Xdrive, new Turbo and a bunch more

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
Hey all! So this is our sons first car. Bought it in February of this year. The PO had just spent $4k at the dealership for a bunch of work (with receipts). Then we bought it, and had a bunch more work done on it (was running rough and we started changing all the cheap parts first, then finally just did the entire turbo system).

And just as it was all looking and running great, the timing chain broke...

So now we have this 528 in excellent condition, with a TON of brand new engine parts (as well as tires, battery, etc..). He even ordered the rear spoiler for it, but the engine let go before we even got that on.

Not sure what its worth. If someone had a spare N20 laying around, it would be pretty much a perfect car. Leather seats, tinted glass, super comfortable ride.

Here is a list of just some of the parts installed just this year (over $10k in parts, and we have all receipts).

-New battery, 2 new pirellis, Wipers, Upper control arm
$3424 (12/22)

-New valve cover, oil change, crankcase vent hose
$3377 (3/23)

-Serpentine belt
$35 (9/23)

-Turbo intake boot, breather hose, 4 plugs
$1170 (5/23)

-New turbo w/exhaust manifold
$1815 (3/31)

-Boost Solenoid
$97 (2/23)

-Turbo cut-off valve
$79 (2/23)

-Drive shaft Flex joint
$59 (3/23)

-New Windshield
$225 (4/23)

-Both engine mounts
$179.55 (3/23)

-Oil Filter housing gasket kit
$105 (3/23)

-Both front axles
$200 (2/23)

-Rear spoiler
$112 (6/23)

Over $10k in the last 9 months. And like I said, it was finally perfect.

We are 90% sure its the timing chain. He was driving it to school, and the engine just stopped. Had it towed home and I tried to get a breaker bar to turn the engine over. It won't budge. There is no external damage (like a piston shooting thru the block), but since the engine won't move, we were told its probably toast.

He already went the dealership and got a new BMW (with a 7 year warranty...lol). We just need to get out of our garage. Its in neutral now, and will need to be towed.

He paid $10k for it, and then we put in over $10k to get it perfect. Hoping to get a few bucks back out of it. Just the brand new turbo (FCP Euro complete kit) alone is almost $2k... If I had the time (and ******* tell sell off all the parts, I would. But we just want it gone asap.

Please email with any questions. We are located in SE Denver (Parker, Colorado).

Thanks!

p.s. We put M5 wheels on it, but he has someone who wants to buy those from him. So we have the original wheels (with NEW tires) back on it.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0