2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Has anyone bought www.DVDinmotion.com software?

05-05-2011, 04:33 AM   #89
dvdinmotion
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk_pilot2000 View Post
If you guys come out with a way to make my US Spec F10 535i receive European radio stations/freq (and hence all that nice traffic info that would filter thru) I'll buy in a heart beat.
Hi blackhawk_pilot2000, I have good news for you: We can do this. At request we can prepare special coding CD which will change your US radio tuner to EU specs and allows tuning of 0.1 MHz frequency steps.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 03:26 PM   #90
delvek
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdinmotion View Post
Hi blackhawk_pilot2000, I have good news for you: We can do this. At request we can prepare special coding CD which will change your US radio tuner to EU specs and allows tuning of 0.1 MHz frequency steps.
What you talking about Willis?

Seriously? Hmmm ... might be a customer with Blackhawk. So your telling me with this special request you will send me the ability to watch dvd's in motion AND pick up the even frequencies that my US spec BMW in Europe wont do because the band is stuck on odd's?
      05-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #91
dvdinmotion
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by delvek View Post

Seriously? Hmmm ... might be a customer with Blackhawk. So your telling me with this special request you will send me the ability to watch dvd's in motion AND pick up the even frequencies that my US spec BMW in Europe wont do because the band is stuck on odd's?
Well, those two things are pretty different. So we will create two software packages. First for DVD in motion and second for even frequencies. And yes, seriously, the final result will be unlocked video while driving and radio with unstuck odd's
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 01:12 AM   #92
Soft
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi A7 3.0 TSFI

Quote:

Seriously!, what sort of hmmm is this?
It was a proper reply to a proper request from Blackhawk,
No need to sound suspisous -
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 01:47 AM   #93
delvek
Major
Germany
Rep

It was in a joking manner hence the "What you talking about Willis" but perhaps you dont know Gary Coleman or Different Strokes.

The hmm, well that was me typing while thinking, Blackhawk and I were discussing in pm's about this and we have been trying to figure out a way to do this, its awesome to see that it is now possible.

No offense was intended all apologies.
      05-06-2011, 01:49 AM   #94
delvek
Major
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Well, those two things are pretty different. So we will create two software packages. First for DVD in motion and second for even frequencies. And yes, seriously, the final result will be unlocked video while driving and radio with unstuck odd's
So, in theory, we should be able to then get the traffic notifications on our nav system since its relayed over the airwaves?

Curious, is it possible to enable speed limit sign recognition if you have all the correct options but just not enable because its US spec?

Lastly, and this is a big lastly, any chance you can get that dvd to play on my HUD!
      05-06-2011, 04:21 AM   #95
dvdinmotion
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
So, in theory, we should be able to then get the traffic notifications on our nav system since its relayed over the airwaves?

Curious, is it possible to enable speed limit sign recognition if you have all the correct options but just not enable because its US spec?

Lastly, and this is a big lastly, any chance you can get that dvd to play on my HUD!
Getting TMC to fully working state can be a little more complicated as it will need changes in other parts of system. Similar situation is regarding speed limit information. We can try this if you are willing to do some experimentation.

Playing DVD on HUD would be super-cool but sadly we can't do this (at least now we can't).
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 05:32 AM   #96
delvek
Major
Germany
Rep

I will be purchasing your dvdinmotion and "radio fixer", thanks for all the feedback!

In terms of the radio fix, how would I indicate that on the ordering form on your website?
      05-06-2011, 06:47 AM   #97
dvdinmotion
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
I will be purchasing your dvdinmotion and "radio fixer", thanks for all the feedback!

In terms of the radio fix, how would I indicate that on the ordering form on your website?
Delvek, the "radio fixer" is not a standard option we offer, so please contact us via e-mail and mention the 5post. You can find the e-mail address in contacts on our website. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #98
maxmm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 535d GT

I could confirm that those guys are able to unlock additional options - virtually any kind of.

In fact - everything they do - is some kind specially-cooked disk for unix OS (fortunately BMW switched from windows automobile to VxWorks for iDrive systems) which makes changes in the enabled options list.

It is quit a lot of things possible to do using this way, and it is really genius (as not requires any hardcore procedures)

From the other hand, i soldered my own cable (5$ for parts: OBD connector + LAN cable + 510Ohm resistor) and played with some options - for example, i've enabled 'acoustic confirmation' option (when i'm locking and unlocking my car) which is normally not available on the EU-spec cars, also enabled 614 (internet) option in the combox (dvdinmotion guys done exactly the same for me by the CD disk, but they are not changing options list in the combox itself - practically, it means in case BMW dealer will do the full reset / re-initialisation of a combox, all modifications will be lost but it is really easy to return them back by using the same ISO / CD's ), switched off audio 'belt signal', and so on...

The trouble (for the UK) that even in case you've got 'internet' menu availible - you'll see the message 'internet is not available in your country' which could be related with a few things - first of all, BMW proxy servers are checking VIN number of the car to see is the 614 option enabled, or it is simply disable for the UK sim-cards (but should be enabled really soon as there will be shipping time for the first officially-enabled BMW cars with this option to the UK)

Will try to continue to talk with DVDinMotion guys to try to resolve this issue (UK guys are really missing this option ) ), they are really responsive and helpful.

Last edited by maxmm; 05-09-2011 at 04:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #99
EvolutionTheory
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Sedan

This is awesome. Saving this thread for when I pickup the future car
      05-09-2011, 08:43 PM   #100
Losco
Second Lieutenant
Japan
Rep
Drives: F10 528i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa View Post
I could confirm that those guys are able to unlock additional options - virtually any kind of.

In fact - everything they do - is some kind specially-cooked disk for unix OS (fortunately BMW switched from windows automobile to VxWorks for iDrive systems) which makes changes in the enabled options list.

It is quit a lot of things possible to do using this way, and it is really genius (as not requires any hardcore procedures)

From the other hand, i soldered my own cable (5$ for parts: OBD connector + LAN cable + 510Ohm resistor) and played with some options - for example, i've enabled 'acoustic confirmation' option (when i'm locking and unlocking my car) which is normally not available on the EU-spec cars, also enabled 614 (internet) option in the combox (dvdinmotion guys done exactly the same for me by the CD disk, but they are not changing options list in the combox itself - practically, it means in case BMW dealer will do the full reset / re-initialisation of a combox, all modifications will be lost but it is really easy to return them back by using the same ISO / CD's ), switched off audio 'belt signal', and so on...

The trouble (for the UK) that even in case you've got 'internet' menu availible - you'll see the message 'internet is not available in your country' which could be related with a few things - first of all, BMW proxy servers are checking VIN number of the car to see is the 614 option enabled, or it is simply disable for the UK sim-cards (but should be enabled really soon as there will be shipping time for the first officially-enabled BMW cars with this option to the UK)

Will try to continue to talk with DVDinMotion guys to try to resolve this issue (UK guys are really missing this option ) ), they are really responsive and helpful.
Could you give us some more insight on "making your own cable" and how/what programs are you using to mod the options? I've been trying to get my DRL option in Idrive to appear with DVDinmotion guys but didn't work. apparently I have 8S1 in my VO which disables DRL... was hoping to get rid of that VO so I can turn on DRL.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #101
delvek
Major
Germany
Rep

Hello dvdmotion, coming back for a 2nd helping ... on top of the "radio fixer" are you able to unlock the speed limit indicator feature that is available on EU spec F10's but not US spec F10's despite the fact that 'HUD' and 'rearview mirror camera' (2 items I am told are required) are equipped?

Thanks!
      05-10-2011, 11:39 AM   #102
dvdinmotion
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Hello dvdmotion, coming back for a 2nd helping ... on top of the "radio fixer" are you able to unlock the speed limit indicator feature that is available on EU spec F10's but not US spec F10's despite the fact that 'HUD' and 'rearview mirror camera' (2 items I am told are required) are equipped?

Thanks!
Hi Delvek, the radio conversion from US to EU was tested and proven to work.

Speed limit indicator we can try as an "experiment" if you will, because you are the first asking for this feature. Therefore I cannot guarantee it will work, but you risk nothing. Trying this "experiment" is safe for your car and can't do any harm. The worst case scenario is that speed limit info simply will not work.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 02:05 PM   #103
AbsoluteAuto
Thailand
Rep
Drives: F11 M SPORT

Confirmed that these guys are really professionals. Works like a charm for me on both cars. They are really helpful and quick response. Totally recommended!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 02:54 PM   #104
blackhawk_pilot2000
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011, BMW 535i

Quote:

Speed limit indicator we can try as an "experiment" if you will, because you are the first asking for this feature. Therefore I cannot guarantee it will work, but you risk nothing. Trying this "experiment" is safe for your car and can't do any harm. The worst case scenario is that speed limit info simply will not work.
I'll offer my car as a Guinea pig for this experiment as well
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 03:36 AM   #105
eripers
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: F11 523i

Quote:

Could you code other units as well with your CD method?
I am thinking of more interesting things like switching the DME between a 523i to 528i and the automatic between comfort and sport. From what I can see these are both software only differences. (Obviously not the paddles and different shifter, but to get the faster down shifts in sport mode?)
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 04:34 AM   #106
EvolutionTheory
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Sedan

I wonder if this could be used to keep Sport mode auto enabled on start?
      05-11-2011, 04:44 AM   #107
delvek
Major
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionTheory View Post
That might enable a squad of Bavarian hitman enroute to Czech Republic.
      05-11-2011, 04:54 AM   #108
Hustjo
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 540xi M

Is there any way to activate the DAB radio if you have the pro navi system ? Read somewhere that it just requires some sort of activation by BMW and that the hardware is already in place if u have pro navi....
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 05:08 AM   #109
dvdinmotion
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eripers View Post
Could you code other units as well with your CD method?
I am thinking of more interesting things like switching the DME between a 523i to 528i and the automatic between comfort and sport. From what I can see these are both software only differences. (Obviously not the paddles and different shifter, but to get the faster down shifts in sport mode?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionTheory View Post
Gentlemen, we are currently in the process of developing new product (software - CD based) which will allow us to code other units and do many new cool things - The Sky Is The Limit

Just a side note to this: We are here very sad because certain group of people is already trying to steal our work. This is the major thing that may prevent us from developing the aforementioned CD. As there is no point in making anything new, when someone will steal it before you can get the investment returned (and as I've saide before - this one took over a year of work and testing to make it as easy as possible for the user). Believe it or not, making an HW box with this function is much easier and cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 05:12 AM   #110
dvdinmotion
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustjo View Post
Is there any way to activate the DAB radio if you have the pro navi system ? Read somewhere that it just requires some sort of activation by BMW and that the hardware is already in place if u have pro navi....
Hi Hustjo, the hardware should be in your car and it is possible to enable it. DAB is dependent on country or region where it is used, so this is a little more complex.
Appreciate 0