2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications DTM error and a host of others

04-09-2017, 11:02 AM   #1
12_550xi
Rep
Drives: F10 550xi

DTM error and a host of others

This seems to be a reoccuring issue. Car is being towed to BMW today but still wanted to bring this to others attention. Yesterday I was driving around 65 when I started to hear a loud pitched metallic squeal that was only present whenever I accelerated, didn't sound like belt or anything. Within moments, i felt a thump from underneath the car, followed by heavy vibration, DTM error, and shortly after an error pop up about active stabilization. Car also began to buck heavy as I was coming to a red light. When the light changed and I tried to move, I could barely move, the car revved but I was crawling. I Was able to pull over, put in park, and turn the motor off. This happened once before only I wasn't able to get it into park and had the car towed locally, they got the car running again and all was well. This time I was able to put it in park and when I restarted I was able to drive home which thankfully was only a few blocks away. DTM error, active stabilization error, vibrations, bucking, and all. This car has been nothing short of continual problems.

I appreciate any input..
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 03:57 PM   #2
kthankzbye
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10 550i, 2020 G05 40i

This happened to me. They said it was the HPFP. That was replaced and it's fine now.
Appreciate 0