2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum It's finally here!

01-09-2011, 03:12 AM   #23
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

More pictures Please.
      01-09-2011, 04:06 AM   #24
indus
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipso_facto View Post
No review on Top Gear yet.

I guarantee you that no matter how much Clarkson actually likes the car, and how well it is portrayed from a technical, comfort and fit-for-purpose point of view: he will perform the now so predictable U-turn at the end of the review, telling us how it "lacks any soul" and "how German" it is, in some winceful and middle-class pretentious mocking.

I think they only want to review sports cars on that program though, or muck about in the desert with a pile of bolts - which in fairness, can be quite funny - and it seems that this profile is what the program has largely come to represent, and market itself on. I believe it does quite well off the back of this profile.

Any non-Sports car review can be taken with a pinch of salt on Top Gear. My £0.02

Not only that but he'll say the sat nav can't be used without a degree in physics and that he can't turn the indicators off (he did this when he reviewed the E60 M5. Funnily enough I've never had a problem with it)

Then he'll end up with some bizarre comment like if you had a soul you'd buy an alfa instead!
      01-09-2011, 06:43 AM   #25
The Mewster
Private
Rep
Drives: F11 520d - arrived Jan 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
Looks fantastic, really good spec, Can't wait to see hq pic in the daylight!!
Ok, after much nagging here are some better pictures. Not up to the usual quality, and although it will horrify most people on here, but it's not actually that clean...

It was really difficult to get the interior colour right, it's actually a bit darker than as shown in the photos. Definitely not the orange'y colour that I'd seen in some other photos.
Attached Images

Pro media pack, visibility pack, sports steering wheel, heated seats, lumbar support, ambient lighting, USB interface, 18" wheels, parking camera, auto tailgate, sun protection glass.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #26
The Mewster
Private
Rep

OMFG!!! Just got Internet access working in the car!

Googled for somewhere, clicked to navigate to that destination, then used Google street view to look around where I was going.

Amazing....

Pro media pack, visibility pack, sports steering wheel, heated seats, lumbar support, ambient lighting, USB interface, 18" wheels, parking camera, auto tailgate, sun protection glass.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #27
joy5
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: xDrive30d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mewster View Post
OMFG!!! Just got Internet access working in the car!

Googled for somewhere, clicked to navigate to that destination, then used Google street view to look around where I was going.

Amazing....
Nice ride.

Interesting to hear about getting the internet fully enabled.

Mind to share how you got fully enabled your internet? Mine is July 2010 built (no combox)
      01-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #28
The Mewster
Private
Rep

I'd tried my Nokia E66 which is on the supported phones list, got everything connected except BMW online, which was reporting either 'communication network not supported' and more worryingly 'service not enabled in this vehicle'. Then picked up a spare HTC Touch 2 from the office today, connected it via Bluetooth and it just worked.

I've lost calendar functionality from BMW office, but might be able to get that back with some fiddling.

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 06:21 PM   #29
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d MSpt

To enable the BMW connecteddrive services like the google portal, myinfo, connectednavigation etc etc it's not to do with your mobile phone you simply need to register for the service. New cars comes with 3 years entitlement inc in uk if you have the nav options on the car.

I filled in the online application on Friday last week and BMW texted my username and password today.

All now working ok inc google portal, remote services ( lock unlock etc via iPhone app).

Just google "BMW uk connecteddrive" and it's the top hit sorry cannot cut and paste link via this app. Open link that appears and the online application form is there.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #30
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d MSpt

......forgot to add once you receive your username/password in I-drive select "BMW services" and then "update services" you also need to login to the connecteddrive website and enable the car and setup some security questions.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 01:50 AM   #31
The Mewster
Private
Rep

I thought that was the problem originally when it didn't work with my E66, as I've still not had my username and password through from BMW. But, it does work with the HTC, so I'll be interested to see what extra I get when the username and password does finally come through.....

I filled in my application last Friday as well, so hopefully it'd come through today!

Appreciate 0