2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics DIY Guides & Discussions DIY Guide to Remove F10 bumper cover

03-26-2014, 01:27 PM   #1
Bespoke 2014
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i

Question DIY Guide to Remove F10 bumper cover

Does anybody know where there is a write up for the removal of the BMW(F10) front bumper cover/assembly/fascia. I've seen the one for the rear and it helped greatly (Thanks m535) just need the one for the front. I would really appreciate it guys. Thanks

Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 02:11 PM   #2
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many, BMW.

Garage List
Hmm, I guess I'll see if I can write one up for you this week with pics. I just happened to remove and reinstall a bumper on a 550, 528, and a M5 this week so I can practically do it with my eyes closed at this point lol.

A brief how to:

-Open the hood

-Remove the rubber weather strip on top of the bumper

-Plastic headlight covers: theres 3 clips that you need to remove on each cover, 2 in the front that attach to the bumper, and 1 on top that attaches to the radiator support. Repeat for the other side

- Lift the plastic cover, you will now be able to see all the screws that hold down the top portion of the bumper. They are T30 (torx) screws, I believe there are... 6 of them.

- Once you've removed the 6 T30 screws, you'll need to remove the 10 billion 8mm screws that hold the bumper to the lower engine cover and wheel wells. Start with all the bottom ones first, just go through the whole bottom side of the bumper and remove those screws first.

- Then you'll need to pop out your foglight covers or lower grilles, or w/e you have... and you should see 1 clip on each side, the same type of clip that you removed from the headlight plastic covers. Remove those.

- Now you'll need to remove the 8mm screws that are attach the bumper to the wheel wells. Whichever side you start on first, turn the wheel inwards so you have as much room as possible. Remove the 3x 8mm screws holding the wheel covers to the bumper.

- Pull back the lining, and you'll need to remove 2x 8mm screws that hold the bumper to the tip of the fender, you should be able to see one of the screws right as you pull back the liner, the other one is a little further in closer to the headlight. - repeat for the other side.

- Stand in front of the car and carefully pull the bumper off, don't be scared to yank/wiggle it. Place the bumper on the floor or have someone hold it, or place it on top of something that will allow you to unplug the foglights or the parking sensors (parking sensors are connected to one master plug that you need to unplug by the passanger side so you don't have to disconnect each sensor.

Das it.
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2014, 02:57 PM   #3
Bespoke 2014
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i

Well thank youbfor the info I appreciate it. Butn if you have time and can get some pictures up......that will not only help me but alot of others on the forum and will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking time out your day to write that up. You're a true helper
Appreciate 0