2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 2012 Dinan Stage 2 & Shockware AWESOME!!

01-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
primetime1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i F10

2012 Dinan Stage 2 & Shockware AWESOME!!

Just took my car to BMW west palm and got them to load both the Dinan stage 2 & the Dhockware for the suspension flash

All I can say is WOW this car is a beast!!! Specially with traction completely off...

The power and handling change is insane! I'll post some pics later not sure how to do it from the iPad
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #2
dunderhi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6

Congrats! I had Dinan Stage 3 on the 550xi and loved it.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #3
primetime1
Private
Rep

thank you dunderhi I never imagined that this was going to make such a difference. Their new suspension software really makes a big impact, I feel the car so much better now really got rid of a lot of the boddy roll the car had before. Only thing I need now is a Big brake kit, I feel the brakes getting a little too soft for my liking.

How is that 650? I saw the M6 at the dealer today and it looks sick!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
dunderhi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime1 View Post
thank you dunderhi I never imagined that this was going to make such a difference. Their new suspension software really makes a big impact, I feel the car so much better now really got rid of a lot of the boddy roll the car had before. Only thing I need now is a Big brake kit, I feel the brakes getting a little too soft for my liking.

How is that 650? I saw the M6 at the dealer today and it looks sick!!!
I will pick up the 6er at BMW Welt on Feb 7th. Reviews will follow soon after that.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime1 View Post
Just took my car to BMW west palm and got them to load both the Dinan stage 2 & the Dhockware for the suspension flash

All I can say is WOW this car is a beast!!! Specially with traction completely off...

The power and handling change is insane! I'll post some pics later not sure how to do it from the iPad

I just had it done

I am the first to have it done in Crown BMW NC
Likely the first in the whole Carolinas region then -

I couldn't fully test the new sports mode as my 3 yo son is with me today and for a doc appointment.

I couldn't tell any difference in normal which is supposedly sport now.

While in Sport new mode I believe I caught myself a little surprised and smiling while playing a little in the parking lot where the car seemed too flat to be my 550i,

BUT sometimes you just wanna feel good about your money ! -

So,
Anybody can tell me whether he/she had it with stock suspension and what his/her experience is?

And one more thing,
I read that some were describing the Shickware 2 steps up above the Lowering springs which were ACS in his case and the latter had been rated by him at one step above stock?
SO my QUESTION IS?
Is it really possible that a mere EDC Software could deliver twice as much as Hardware Springs!! Especially that some guys has ARS which I don't have By The Way.

Thank you so much,
Will post more about my experience.

I do have Stage 2 Dinan too and happy with that flr 6 months now, Zero regrets.

Speak up guys -
Though I asked and Crown BMW NC Greensboro doesn't do refunds on Dinan's products like other dealerships I heard about 3 days money back!!

Ed Vega did the install
A very nice and professional guy who had actually known Dinan since early 80's from Up in NY.

Another update:
I believe it is not just tightening of the suspension but rather changing the whole character and behavior of this car! It just drives better though I am not sure exactly why!!

Any more input on this?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 02:36 AM   #6
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
I had Stage 3 and Shockwave done on my 550i about 3 weeks ago and combined with my H&R Spring replacement [my 1st mod done] and it totally made the car what I think BMW should have offered when they made this car. I mean when spec'd with the M Sports package or Sport package I think a Performance HP/ECU upgrade along with Performance Exhaust and suspension package such as what one can cobble together with Dinan should have been available. But I digress...to me I think the Shockwave plus the Stage 3 just ties down the car more and gets rid of alot of the suspension travel and body mvmt which you sometimes feel on the base car when pushed aggressively or sportively driven. It corners more flat and rotates better in corners and with elevation changes IMHO and with speed...something the base car does not like...push a base 5 series without mods and you definitely are VERY quickly reminded of its size/heft. With the Dinan Stage 1-4 and Shockwave or aftermarket springs...not so much. There is a limit out there but its stepped out/moved quite a bit man. Just my 2 cents...
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #7
primetime1
Private
Rep

I couldnt be happier with the way my car handles. I now have Dinan stage 4, Dinan Intercoolers, Active Autowerke Down Pipes and custom exhaust, as well as the Dinan/brembo Big break kit.

Bigger turbos coming soon! I love this car..
Appreciate 0