2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Marketplace Owner's Marketplace - F10/F11 Classifieds WTB: Vorsteiner // V Style CF front lip

06-30-2016, 05:50 PM   #1
Stück
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5, E46 330i, R56 Mini.S

WTB: Vorsteiner // V Style CF front lip

I bought a new one on eBay and UPS destroyed it. Seller is an absolute nightmare and I'm going to have to fight to even smell my money again...

Anyone here have a clean used one, or maybe a BNIB one they never installed?

Please let me know, very much ready to buy!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 07:20 PM   #2
txoid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10

Can you share the buyer you're having problems with. I dont want to have the same problem.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 08:01 PM   #3
Stück
Major
United_States
Rep

Oh most certainly.

Short:

The seller(s) are OEMDirect and IKONMotorsport on ebay. Both sellers have banned my ebay user account from buying from them even though I only actually did business with OEMDirect. Additionally my ebay account is suspended for "Feedback extortion" as the seller(s) reported me to ebay when I left negative feedback.

That, and a little research leads me to believe they are in fact the same company doing business online under a number of names.

Long:

I bought the V Style front lip and P Style rear trunk spoiler from OEMDirect beginning of last week. The front arrived 6/27 and the rear 6/28. No problems with the rear, fit/finish is flawless and I left positive feedback.

The front suffered a number of compression fractures in the clear as a direct result of the inadequate packaging. The lip itself was wrapped with thin foam sheet, then plastic bagged. That is fine for abrasion resistance but not for shipping. The shipping cartons internal dimensions are identical to that of the lip with no additional packing material. This leaves the lip as the primary structural member of the box, and thus any forced imparted upon the box compress the lip.

The seller offered me $40 by way of partial refund to keep the lip as is, or asked me to file a claim with UPS. I told them the claim would be a waste of time as the carton does not meet UPS's minimum edge crust test specs for a carton of this size, and the minimum of 2" in all directions cushioning requirement wasn't met either. I told them it would be a wasted 5-7 days of my time and to please send me a return label.

The seller refused to send a return label and told me if I didn't want to file a claim then to call UPS and ask to "refuse" the shipment. I told them that is ridiculous, that you can't do that after the fact days later. They insisted.

I spent 25 minutes on the phone with UPS who assured me the seller was full of it, and that UPS does not accept packages for refusal after they have been opened much less several days later.

Seller insisted UPS must be lying to me and stopped returning correspondence. I sent them a message giving them 36 hours to provide me with a tracking number for the replacement part or I would have no choice but to leave appropriate feedback and file a claim.

36 hours went by and not seconds after the deadline I left them negative feedback.

Wouldn't you know not 5 minutes later they were back in contact with me. Now the thinly veiled facade of kindness gone. They told me to take the $40 or to ship the spoiler back for a refund 6-8 days after it arrives.

Whatever, they provided a label and I reminded them the carton wasn't suitable for reshipment as it retained the structural integrity of a wet noodle.

I went to go buy a replacement from IKON (a company I'd never done business with) not 10 minutes after I left negative feedback for the other guys and found I was blocked from bidding on any item listed by both of them! Verified by logging in as my works account and being able to successfully add their items to cart.

No other US sellers have the item available on ebay.

Shortly thereafter I got an email from ebay informing me that a complaint was made against me for "feedback extortion" and the feedback left was removed, and my account placed on a temporary suspension. Apparently telling a seller you will leave "appropriate feedback" is extortion/coercion and ebay sides with power sellers like white on rice....

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 09:48 PM   #4
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i GC, X5

Wow. That sucks big time. Thanks for the heads up regarding the sellers. Look further down the classifieds. There's a guy selling both a vorsteiner and rep carbon lip. I believe the vorst was 700 and the rep was 250.
Appreciate 3
      09-23-2016, 09:12 AM   #5
Stück
Major
United_States
Rep

Going to bump this. I order another one ~2 months ago that just arrived from Taiwan this week, smashed doubly as bad at this one was... le'sigh. Zero competence in packaging.

Maybe someone has something for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 11:52 AM   #6
thebmwjunkiee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 535d M-Sport

Sorry to hear, sounds like a nightmare. This thread scared me away from a repro. Found a used vorsteiner and fitment/quality are great, I'd recommend waiting to find the right used one

2016 535d M Sport, Space Gray/Mocha
Past: '14 328, '08 335, '04 525, '91 M5, '95 525
Appreciate 0