2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Need everyone's help!

01-27-2014, 02:01 PM   #1
BossBeamer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011

Need everyone's help!

Alright here's the deal.

I want a 2011 or 2012 535i (or xdrive) m sport in black exterior and black interior. Options I can pick and choose but I need navi and m sport.

I can't find one. I've been searching for 3 months. Everytime I find a 5 series it's ether high miles, not the color combo I want, or doesn't hVe m sport

I found one that's like 500mi away from me, it's a 2011 with everything I want. Problem is, it has 50k miles, and of course too far.

I searched all the dealers around me, none of them have what I'm looking for.
I'm getting frustrated!

Should I go to some dealers and tell them to find one and ship it here? Would they be able to find one since they have more resources than me?
I've searched autotrader, cars, car gurus, carsforsale, nothing. Can't find the perfect one.

I found a 2012 fully loaded like 4.5 mi away from me, but it's dark graphite. I want black damn it.

So I'm turning to you guys, what should I do? Where should I look? Should I tell the dealers to find one for me?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 02:56 PM   #2
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

I'm not sure they would? I know dealers trade new cars, but I'm honestly not sure about used cars or CPO.

There are tons of 5 series out there, though. I'm finding it hard to believe there's not one that would work for you? But if you want a car "just right" you need to go new and order it many times. Otherwise, you need to be prepared to compromise on something with a 2nd hand car. Dark Graphite is a nice color, and if it's 4.5 miles away, that sounds pretty good.

Your other option is to find the right car and take a trip. Get a dealer or indy to do a PPI on the car (it'll cost you a few hundred bucks - more if it's thorough). They can send you pics and a write-up. If all looks good, fly out and get the deal done and drive it home - nice road-trip. Otherwise, you can pay to have it shipped - can get costly - maybe makes sense if you don't have the schedule flexibility to get out there.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 03:57 PM   #3
SonicEndeavor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i MSport

Supply will increase as the three year leases terminate, but that limits you to a 2011 until later this year. Even if you decided on a 2011, you'd want a later build so you'll still have to wait a few more months.
I'm sure you could get a Dealer to ship one, but doubt you'd want to buy a used car without inspecting and driving it, so as suggested above, a road trip would be in order.
Dealers have access to auction inventory so as you suggested, your best bet may be to give your specs to a local Dealer and they can keep an eye on auction inventory for a match.
For what it's worth, I went through a similar process and finally said screw it, I'll just buy new.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 08:07 PM   #4
Luminor513
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 G07 x40i BSM/Blk Merino

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossBeamer View Post
Alright here's the deal.

I want a 2011 or 2012 535i (or xdrive) m sport in black exterior and black interior. Options I can pick and choose but I need navi and m sport.

I can't find one. I've been searching for 3 months. Everytime I find a 5 series it's ether high miles, not the color combo I want, or doesn't hVe m sport

I found one that's like 500mi away from me, it's a 2011 with everything I want. Problem is, it has 50k miles, and of course too far.

I searched all the dealers around me, none of them have what I'm looking for.
I'm getting frustrated!

Should I go to some dealers and tell them to find one and ship it here? Would they be able to find one since they have more resources than me?
I've searched autotrader, cars, car gurus, carsforsale, nothing. Can't find the perfect one.

I found a 2012 fully loaded like 4.5 mi away from me, but it's dark graphite. I want black damn it.

So I'm turning to you guys, what should I do? Where should I look? Should I tell the dealers to find one for me?

Thank you
Tons of used msports in SoCal and SoFla, don't settle, get the car you want, and spend $500 to have it shipped to you. Only prob with warm weather cars is x drive is harder to find, but there are areas of the country that have more options.
      01-27-2014, 08:38 PM   #5
BossBeamer
Private
Rep

You guys all have great suggestions and very good info.

I'm in the metro detroit area so I'm very surprised I can't find one just right. I'm 18 so obviously my damn "wants" are so high.

Most F10's aren't black, then adding m sport makes avaibility very low.

Luminior, should I look in the southern states and just fly there after confirming price and options with dealer then just drive it back? Only prob is I hate the fact knowin I'm going to drive 11+ hours
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 08:48 PM   #6
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossBeamer View Post
You guys all have great suggestions and very good info.

I'm in the metro detroit area so I'm very surprised I can't find one just right. I'm 18 so obviously my damn "wants" are so high.

Most F10's aren't black, then adding m sport makes avaibility very low.

Luminior, should I look in the southern states and just fly there after confirming price and options with dealer then just drive it back? Only prob is I hate the fact knowin I'm going to drive 11+ hours
Dude... If I didn't have a 7 month baby, I would LOVE the idea of picking up a new car and making a road trip of bringing it home. What better way to get acquainted with it? I try to find excuses to take the car out... and given that I work from home, it's not easy! If you MUST have the right options, widen the search and do it right. Otherwise, buy local, convenient, and settle on a few things. Personally at your age I'd take the road trip! Take a few buddies and make it fun!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 08:23 AM   #7
nonford
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, 2019 X3

Well, to help you not drive to find what your looking for, you can turn to your local CarMax Dealer. I filtered the below link (hope it works) and found what your looking for just out of my own curiosity:
http://www.carmax.com/search?ANa=429...esults:results page

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 03:40 PM   #8
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Get the Dark Graphite. It's still very dark, easier to maintain, and looks cleaner. Just get it.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 04:56 PM   #9
bake
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 F10, 2013 E93

Don't settle. I was in a similar boat last year this time. After a 4 month search found the perfect car, but it was in Cali (I live in NY). It was CPO so I was comfortable buying it without test driving it. Had the dealer ship it to my driveway. Cost me $1100 bucks for door to door shipping. Worth every penny in my book, especially since similar cars I was finding on the east coast were not priced as aggressively as mine. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2014, 11:52 PM   #10
BossBeamer
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bake View Post
Don't settle. I was in a similar boat last year this time. After a 4 month search found the perfect car, but it was in Cali (I live in NY). It was CPO so I was comfortable buying it without test driving it. Had the dealer ship it to my driveway. Cost me $1100 bucks for door to door shipping. Worth every penny in my book, especially since similar cars I was finding on the east coast were not priced as aggressively as mine. Good luck!

Hey. Honestly man, my dads old school. He wants to see the car before purchase. I'm looking at 2012s and found a few wih about 20-30k miles. Obviously still has factory warranty. Should I be worried?

Also, with factory warranty I can take it to any BMW dealer for repairs right?

Another question, should I purschase from non BMW dealers, or stick to BMW dealers?

Also.. Average 2012 535i is about 45k. Any tips on how to drop that number? Edmunds says trade in, private and dealer are higher in price in that order. I feel like they have a side deal with manufactures and say that a dealers car is worth more $ so they make a bigger profit. If you put the same option and click private seller, the price suddenly drops 2-4k USD. I feel like dealer prices are so overpriced, then they try hitting you with fees. Keep in mind I have to pay for shipping and taxes.. Any tips on how to drop the damn price? I am paying it all in payment, i have the cash in bank.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2014, 07:51 AM   #11
Bimmer5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

If you find one that has everything that you want but is the wrong color
You could have the car wrapped in black
      02-02-2014, 12:52 PM   #12
BossBeamer
Private
Rep

Actually just found a bad ass 2011 with 23k miles, and it's CPO. Whats covered in CPO warrenty? Is it the same as factory?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2014, 01:09 PM   #13
dblock2151
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 550i Msport DG

http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/cpo/default.aspx
Appreciate 0