2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum M sport line in x drive

09-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18’ Q7,16'981 GTS

M sport line in x drive

I am about to buy an F 10 for my wife in xdrive and was wondering if there are any performance benefits of a M sport line in X drive models.I see that the M sport suspension only affects the RWD models.As far as I see everything is cosmetic .I am not a big fan of the steering wheel on the new m sport line( I think it shouldn't belong in a luxury barge like the regular F 10).The modern line seems much more pleasing to my wife.
1.Is the m sport steering wheel any different in feel/ feedback compared to the wheel in luxury/ modern lines?
2.Do the Multi-contour seats in LCI come with adjustable side bolsters?

I would appreciate some help regarding this matter ,Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #2
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

As far as I know, there is no performance benefit to the M-sport X-drive, nor steering or suspension. The 19" tires might perform a bit better, but more cosmetic than anything else. The multi contour seats in LCI does come with adjustable side bolsters.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
luvthestck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18’ Q7,16'981 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
As far as I know, there is no performance benefit to the M-sport X-drive, nor steering or suspension. The 19" tires might perform a bit better, but more cosmetic than anything else. The multi contour seats in LCI does come with adjustable side bolsters.
Thanks for the reply.The car would be purely for daily driver purpose .I am wondering why i am unable to add cold weather package if i add luxury seating package.I am guessing its just a software glitch on the online builder.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #4
WarReady
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 550ix M-SPORT

I have a 13 550ix m-sport and I love it... I wouldn't say the handling is bad cuz c'mon it's a bimmer lol but coming out of a turn and punchin it the awd just makes it eat ground.. I drove both 550i and 550ix and in the end I went with x drive because I'm in New York and I didn't notice a major difference in handling between the 2..! As for luxury model vs m-sport I would absolutely get the m-sport just because of the mean aggressive look it has! Hope my 2 cents helps lol either way there great cars best of luck with your purchase!!!
Appreciate 0