2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Performance Tires on LCI 550xi MSport

09-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
Snarry
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 550xi M Sport

Performance Tires on LCI 550xi MSport

Has anyone taken delivery of an LCI 550i xDrive M Sport with the staggered wheel and performance RFT option? I am just curious as to what tires the cars are being shipped with. Any info is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #2
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

My car is a 550i Msport with the staggered 351M wheels and they came with Dunlop rft tires.

Alan
      09-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
Snarry
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks, Alan. My car will ship at some point soon and I am hoping that it doesn't come with the dreaded Goodyear Excellence RFTs, so I am glad to hear that at least one car sent to North America has the Dunlops. I am hoping that more people are able to respond so that I can get a decent sample size of what tires are being shipped as OEM performance RFTs (of course, I could always end up with the Goodyears even if no one else on this forum received them ... and that would be my luck these days!)
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
Donser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10

I don't think xdrive models can be ordered with staggered wheels from what I was told by my dealer. In Canada, all 5's are xdrive and when I ordered my LCI 535, non-xdrive was not a choice.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #5
Snarry
Enlisted Member
Rep

Donser -- that is generally correct. The 535s and 550s in Canada are all xDrive and come with wheel/tire option 2NB (19x8.5, 245/40 all season on all four corners) if the MSport package is ordered. Also, everywhere in North America up to and including 2013, the xDrive 5ers could not be ordered with the staggered setup and performance tires -- they had to be a square setup with all season rubber. For MY2014, BMW USA started allowing the xDrive models to be ordered with the staggered wheels and performance tires. BMW Canada does not permit the staggered setup with performance tires to be ordered on the 5ers coming into Canada, even for MY2014.

However, after a few discussions with some people I know at head office, I was able to get them to agree to order my car with code 2ND (staggered setup with performance rubber) even though it is a Canadian car.

I note that "order my car with 2ND" is an oversimplication of what is being done to get 2ND on my car, but I didn't want to get into details in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #6
Donser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Nice... where were you in July when I was ordering my LCI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarry View Post
Donser -- that is generally correct. The 535s and 550s in Canada are all xDrive and come with wheel/tire option 2NB (19x8.5, 245/40 all season on all four corners) if the MSport package is ordered. Also, everywhere in North America up to and including 2013, the xDrive 5ers could not be ordered with the staggered setup and performance tires -- they had to be a square setup with all season rubber. For MY2014, BMW USA started allowing the xDrive models to be ordered with the staggered wheels and performance tires. BMW Canada does not permit the staggered setup with performance tires to be ordered on the 5ers coming into Canada, even for MY2014.

However, after a few discussions with some people I know at head office, I was able to get them to agree to order my car with code 2ND (staggered setup with performance rubber) even though it is a Canadian car.

I note that "order my car with 2ND" is an oversimplication of what is being done to get 2ND on my car, but I didn't want to get into details in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #7
Snarry
Enlisted Member
Rep

I wasn't on this forum back in July .... sorry! I guess you just need to be glad that because you are in Canada and were forced to get an xDrive 5er, your July order (probably early August build) didn't put you squarely into the middle of the M suspension (704) debacle (assuming you ordered the M Sport package)!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #8
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Pirelli P Zero RF is also listed as OEM staggered performance
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #9
Donser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Sorry, got my months mixed up. I actually ordered my LCI 535xi Msport June 1. Production completed July 8th and took delivery August 10. Very happy with my purchase. No issues so far with the GY RFT. I just wish that the ConnectedDrive Pro option wasn't missed.

Quote:
I wasn't on this forum back in July .... sorry! I guess you just need to be glad that because you are in Canada and were forced to get an xDrive 5er, your July order (probably early August build) didn't put you squarely into the middle of the M suspension (704) debacle (assuming you ordered the M Sport package)!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #10
Snarry
Enlisted Member
Rep

The option was missed as in you forgot to order it or the dealer forgot to order it?!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 06:48 AM   #11
Donser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I was originally in the market for a 2013. I created a build sheet using 2013 specs. The dealer was not able to find what I was looking for with the current inventory so they told me they have to order. Since they couldn't order a 2013, they supposedly transferred everything I had asked for but since the packaging of options from 2013 to 2014 changed. Stuff got missed. I been asking the dealer to find a solution and the response I got was nothing can be done and it's just a bunch of apps that I won't need. Any ideas on what I can do?

Quote:
The option was missed as in you forgot to order it or the dealer forgot to order it?!

Last edited by Donser; 09-12-2013 at 06:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #12
Snarry
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donser View Post
I was originally in the market for a 2013. I created a build sheet using 2013 specs. The dealer was not able to find what I was looking for with the current inventory so they told me they have to order. Since they couldn't order a 2013, they supposedly transferred everything I had asked for but since the packaging of options from 2013 to 2014 changed. Stuff got missed. I been asking the dealer to find a solution and the response I got was nothing can be done and it's just a bunch of apps that I won't need. Any ideas on what I can do?
I'm not sure that there is much you can do at this point as I believe (but am not certain) that there is more to the ConnectedDrive package than just software. I am not positive, but I think that the package is what equips the car with its own SIM card to enable it to have additional services, such as the internet connectivity and remote services. Perhaps someone more knowledeable on this issue can chime in -- and to assist our friends in the US, the ConnectedDrive package in Canada includes: (1) 6AK - BMW Online; (2) 6AM - Real time traffic; (3) 6AN - concierge services; (4) 6AP - remote services; (5) 6AR - Internet; (6) 6NR - BMW Apps; and (7) 6NS - convenience telephony with extended smartphone connectivity. 6AE (Teleservices) and 6AC (emergency call) are standard equipment in Canada.

As far as something being missed in your car, this is probably the best package that could have been missed as the items the package includes are probably the least used by drivers and do not really affect the drive of the car. They are "nice to haves", not "need to haves". Although I put the package in my car, I imagine that the only things I will use are the remote locking feature (my wife can never remember if she locked a door or not!) and the traffic updates which will hopefully help me find quicker routes in my daily grind in downtown Toronto (knowing, of course, there are no quicker routes!)
Appreciate 0