2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Interior colour affects feel of interior space?

07-17-2010, 06:43 AM   #1
Icy J
im a car
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 220i M Sport | 520i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 220i  [10.00]
Interior colour affects feel of interior space?

Just curious, my dad's thinking of getting a F10, and went to the showroom the other day. Front seats are quite comfortable, but the rear seemed a bit cramped, both in legroom and especially headroom. The interior was black - was wondering if the interior was a lighter colour, would it feel more spacious?

'14 220i M Sport | AW/CR | PUR Wheels RS07 19" | KW V1 | MTC Design F2X Kit [CF] | Stage 1 ECU Tune | Eventuri CF Intake | Manhart Race Exhaust/Resonator Delete | ER HFC Downpipe | F8X LCA + TS | M Style Grilles | Gloss Black Roof | Custom Steering Wheel | Autotecknic Competition Shift Paddles [YMB]
Instagram: @icyj95 | FB
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 08:15 AM   #2
stevenw211
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Smile

Yes!! The lighter color interior makes you feel it spacious.

That's why I chose the interior color in Veneto Beige, however, it's hard to keep the interior clean though.
      07-17-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
Icy J
im a car
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 220i  [10.00]
What colour is the roof of your interior? The one at the Kowloon showroom had black interior and light grey roof on the inside, for some reason my head felt so cramped when I was sitting in the back O_o

BTW, does yours have the 4-zone aircon thing? I checked on the options list which we got for the 528 and 523 and it doesn't have it under the options, just some of the more basic stuff (soft close, nav, curtains, etc)

'14 220i M Sport | AW/CR | PUR Wheels RS07 19" | KW V1 | MTC Design F2X Kit [CF] | Stage 1 ECU Tune | Eventuri CF Intake | Manhart Race Exhaust/Resonator Delete | ER HFC Downpipe | F8X LCA + TS | M Style Grilles | Gloss Black Roof | Custom Steering Wheel | Autotecknic Competition Shift Paddles [YMB]
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
stevenw211
Private
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy J View Post
What colour is the roof of your interior? The one at the Kowloon showroom had black interior and light grey roof on the inside, for some reason my head felt so cramped when I was sitting in the back O_o

BTW, does yours have the 4-zone aircon thing? I checked on the options list which we got for the 528 and 523 and it doesn't have it under the options, just some of the more basic stuff (soft close, nav, curtains, etc)
The roof is in Veneto Beige too. It's much easier to keep clean for the 2-tone interior but the interior looks cramped.

My 535i also got no 4-zone air-con which I don't thick it's useful .
IMHO, rear curtain is suggested under such a hot weather these days in HK.

Good luck shopping around !!
      07-17-2010, 11:28 AM   #5
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Just curious, my dad's thinking of getting a F10, and went to the showroom the other day. Front seats are quite comfortable, but the rear seemed a bit cramped, both in legroom and especially headroom. The interior was black - was wondering if the interior was a lighter colour, would it feel more spacious?
Definitely. I've had a smaller car with light gray interior (w/ black headliner) feel bigger on the inside than a bigger car with all black interior.

Color definitely makes a difference as to the 'feel' of interior space.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 11:54 AM   #6
joy5
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: xDrive30d M Sport

Quote:
Very reason why I picked Venetian Beige interior rather than the black. Light colors gives more spacious and roomy feeling. Real question is keeping it clean - answer could be the BMW Upholstery protection kit. It cost £350 in the UK and I am thinking to get one along with some carpets.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 04:49 AM   #7
Icy J
im a car
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 220i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenw211 View Post
My 535i also got no 4-zone air-con which I don't thick it's useful .
IMHO, rear curtain is suggested under such a hot weather these days in HK.
Why isn't it that useful? O.o

Thanks for all the replies BTW Sat in the back of the 323 Conv. that we have now and for some reason it feels less cramped than the 5 (headroom) O_o. But then the 323 has grey interior and black roof, as opposed to the 5's black interior and grey roof.

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 08:14 AM   #8
stevenw211
Private
Hong Kong
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
Why isn't it that useful? O.o

Thanks for all the replies BTW Sat in the back of the 323 Conv. that we have now and for some reason it feels less cramped than the 5 (headroom) O_o. But then the 323 has grey interior and black roof, as opposed to the 5's black interior and grey roof.
4-Zone air-con is totally no use to me....

My children alwaye sit in the rear seats , it's me to control the temp of air-con at 22 degree in all seasons. Even my wife never touches the air-con button when sitting the the front passenger side .