2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum New to the forum 335is to 535

03-23-2014, 05:44 PM   #1
LAK2881
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335is

New to the forum 335is to 535

Just traded in my 335is for a 2014 carbon black msport 535. So far I am in love with the car. There are times that I miss the 335 but overall just love the way the 535 drives. It's so smooth yet you still have a good feel for the road. It's quicker than I expected it to be. The only thing I wish they had was the dct transmission on the 535. I have a few questions. The first is I seem to have trouble getting pandora to work in the car when my iPhone is plugged in and charging. It works through Bluetooth audio but as soon as I plug in my phone to USB the screen on my phone goes to BMW pandora. But no sound comes out. I have the Harmon Kardon option as well not sure if that changes anything. My next question is what settings are the best settings for the equalizer?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 12:43 PM   #2
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAK2881 View Post
Just traded in my 335is for a 2014 carbon black msport 535. So far I am in love with the car. There are times that I miss the 335 but overall just love the way the 535 drives. It's so smooth yet you still have a good feel for the road. It's quicker than I expected it to be. The only thing I wish they had was the dct transmission on the 535. I have a few questions. The first is I seem to have trouble getting pandora to work in the car when my iPhone is plugged in and charging. It works through Bluetooth audio but as soon as I plug in my phone to USB the screen on my phone goes to BMW pandora. But no sound comes out. I have the Harmon Kardon option as well not sure if that changes anything. My next question is what settings are the best settings for the equalizer?
Welcome and congrats on your new 535! I had a 335, too, prior to coming to the 5 series. The 5 is a major upgrade in luxury IMHO. Prior to my e90 I had an e46... and I have to say, I NEVER liked the interior of the e90 as much as the e46. The e90 just completely lost the sporty, driver-oriented dash style and controls. The f10 is a return to what I loved about the e46 interior... and honestly the exterior styling is loads better, too.

I can't answer your radio-related questions... don't use an iPhone nor have I even attempted to mess with the EQ. But I'm sure others here can chime-in and help.

Again, congrats and welcome to the F10 board!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 02:42 PM   #3
SonicEndeavor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i MSport

For Pandora & other BMW apps, you need start the BMW connected drive app on your phone, then select Connected Drive from the iDrive main menu. Scroll down to BMW Apps and you'll see the standard BMW apps. Click on "Additional apps" (this menu item may take a few seconds to appear) and you'll see Pandora. Select Pandora and after a few seconds it will start playing. From that point you can control Pandora from the iDrive.
IMO the Connected Drive is poorly implemented and rarely worth the effort, but I will once in a while use the Stitcher app to listen to a variety of podcasts.
As far as equalizer settings, search this forum for the word equalizer and you'll find a recent thread with some ideas for settings.
Appreciate 0