2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 2013 F10 CPO and Options

02-22-2014, 12:53 PM   #1
i_max2k2
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i xDrive

Garage List
2013 F10 CPO and Options

Hi guys!,

I'm just about to purchase a CPO 2013 F10 535i xdrive. It has a Premium, Cold Weather and Technology Package, however its missing a couple things that I'd have really wanted and I wanted to ask what would be the best way to get these things.

The car comes with the standard steering wheel, which I absolutely don't like, I'm coming from a 2011 335i which had a sports package and I'm used to the thicker steering wheel, I also like the feel of the Napa leather. I realize that the steering wheel swap is possible. I'm thinking about getting a M Sport steering with paddle shifters, it seems it would be possible to get a wheel with the paddles and activate them, however, I'm not sure how to add this to the VO and so its not overridden every time I go in the dealership for an service. This has been discussed on this thread but the thread doesn't go all way -

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=875742

I'm also trying to figure where could be a good place to buy the wheel it self and the airbag, I'm not sure if I'd need anything else?. Btw the factory wheel is a heated one, so I'll be looking to find a heated M sport wheel as well.

I also wanted to ask if I add this wheel will it void the factory/CPO warranty?

The other missing feature was PDC and front/rear/side cameras. It seems to get OEM PDC it would be a bumper swap and which would make this very expensive, so I was wondering if there is a easier 3rd party option which could work just as well for cheaper? I have seen front and rear cameras on bimmer-tech and couple other websites. If anyone has any opinion on which camera works the best for its price/performance?

I'm very new to this and any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

Last edited by i_max2k2; 02-22-2014 at 01:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 09:33 AM   #2
i_max2k2
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I did find some answers, however I'm having trouble trying to find the Airbag for the M-Sport steering wheel, I saw some listings on Ebay UK, but it seems those airbags wont work on cars made for US?. And I'm not sure if there is a way to add the coding for the paddle shifters in the VO.

I'm also trying to find a replacement for PDC as it seems to retrofit the original it would be expensive and difficult. Any suggestions guys?

Any help will be great.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 10:04 AM   #3
snj1013
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i

As you suspect, the airbags in the UK are single stage, where US models use a dual stage airbag. The sport steering wheel does require some coding as you suspect. It is pretty straight forward, and details can be found on bimmerfest dot com. I do know the wiring is there for the paddle shifters, I can't say for sure about the heater and how that works.

Also, if you are considering selling your existing wheel and airbag after the upgrade, shipping airbags is difficult and expensive due to the fact they are considered hazardous materials.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 10:09 AM   #4
i_max2k2
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj1013 View Post
As you suspect, the airbags in the UK are single stage, where US models use a dual stage airbag. The sport steering wheel does require some coding as you suspect. It is pretty straight forward, and details can be found on bimmerfest dot com. I do know the wiring is there for the paddle shifters, I can't say for sure about the heater and how that works.

Also, if you are considering selling your existing wheel and airbag after the upgrade, shipping airbags is difficult and expensive due to the fact they are considered hazardous materials.
Thank you, it seems I have found the right steering wheel, which is a heated one -

http://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw-...-shift-paddles

And they'll activate the shift paddles, the only concern I had about it was, if the car was reprogrammed during a service, they'd have to code again, apparently this can be avoided if the codes are added to the VO, still investigating that and if its possible. Trying to find the air bag, but I haven't found too many listings about it yet on ebay, any suggestions for somewhere to look at?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 09:10 AM   #5
i_max2k2
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I got some more answers, and I think I have found an airbag as well, I'd like to see if someone more experienced could confirm that airbag part #32306783828 will work with the steering wheel from bimmer-tech, which is a M Sport heated steering wheel with shifter paddles -

http://www.bimmer-tech.net/shop/bmw-...-shift-paddles

I take my car's delivery today, I have never bought a CPO, any heads up about things I should look at?

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Last edited by i_max2k2; 02-25-2014 at 09:17 AM..
Appreciate 0