2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics DIY Guides & Discussions Strange cigarette lighter socket malfunction?

11-04-2023, 05:29 PM   #1
f10timingchain
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 528i sDrive

Unhappy Strange cigarette lighter socket malfunction?

Hello all,
I recently installed a dash cam (Viofo A139 Pro 2 Channel setup) in my 2013 f10 528i sDrive, powering it through the center console cigarette lighter socket. I power it through a cigarette lighter adapter in my center console which also has an indicator LED light that glows green when the adapter is active.

Here is the problem: while the dash cam powers up normally when the car is activated, it shuts down after a few minutes automatically. When this happens, I can see that the LED light on the adapter starts flickering at a constant pace. This lasts for a few minutes and then the light becomes solid again and the dash cam powers up again. And the same thing repeats itself after a few more minutes.

Have you ever encountered a similar situation? Any ideas on how I can possibly get to the root of the problem? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

-f10timingchain
Appreciate 0