2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Low Pressure Fuel Pump issue question.

02-14-2021, 10:50 PM   #1
Sickboy80
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW x1 28i

Low Pressure Fuel Pump issue question.

Hi, Here is what I have. 2013 BMW 528i Xdrive

So I got one of those drivetrain errors and then my car pretty much just shut off on me... waited an hour and the car started right up and was good to go again. I replaced the HPFP and that didn't fix it; new errors indicated that the LFP needed to be replaced (or maybe it was the same codes). So, I bought everything I needed and when the little O-ring removal tool showed up it turns out it was the wrong size lol... Supposedly it was a universal tool for BMWs. Not mine apparently. Anyway, so I wasn't able t swap it out. However, what I did do was disconnect everything from the top of the lid and cleaned the crap out of it so it looks pretty damn good now, super clean. I also removed the fuel line hose and let the rest of the pressure out as well as any fuel in the line. I had towels and what not....

Here is my question. Since I did that - removed that hose; my car hasn't given that error message or died or anything. Where as before it happened once a week. Could releasing that fuel line and letting the pressure out of the line helped? Its been 3 weeks now and I've had no issues. Im waiting for the new tool to arrive but Im not so sure I need to replace low pressure fuel pump anymore.

I would say that in the last 6 months Ive had that error come up like 10 times and dealt with the whole car shutting off, waiting an hour or so to turn it back on etc etc.

Im just wondering if that is even a possibility. Like, did the release of the pressure clear out any blockage or something? Did letting pressure out reset the pressure sensor or what ever lol. Or maybe its. freak happy accident

what do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 10:35 AM   #2
richyoung
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Did you ever figure this out?

Just wondering. I have had that code as well and need to get in for the the in tank fuel pump recall.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 10:41 PM   #3
ChiltiCoatl89
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F10 BMW 535i M Sport

Garage List
I will look more into this along with you! You may have gotten some deposits out of there that may have clogged up the line! I think what you did was a resourceful decision.

Last edited by ChiltiCoatl89; 12-08-2023 at 11:02 PM..
Appreciate 0