2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications F10 530D Crank no start, rail pressure?

11-16-2023, 09:53 AM   #1
AlexNO
Registered
Rep
Drives: F10 530D Xdrive

Exclamation F10 530D Crank no start, rail pressure?

Hello, i recently got a drivetrain warning when driving from work but the behaviour of the car did not change so i deleted the code and drove home and it did not come back and car felt normal, but when i came to check it next morning it will not start only cranks i also got a code for "rail pressure too low"

This is where i am lost as i opened the rail and no metal shavings, i also removed the sensor on the HPFP and no shavings there either i have also had the LPFP out and it looks normal and pushes 4.5 bar when tested with ISTA,
i have already changed the fuel filter and bled it and no changes, so what i think is maybe one of the rail sensors or the sensor on the hpfp is bad but will this cause it to not start?? and can the HPFP be broken even tough there is no shavings in the system or pump? and if none of the above what can cause this?

Car is a 2012 530d n57 car has gone 136k KM or 84k miles
the car has been tuned but this was well over a year ago and 10k km

I appreciate any help as car is needed
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2023, 08:29 AM   #2
AlexNO
Registered
Rep

i have now checked diffrent values after i changed the pressure regulating valve, and not really any changes still not starting, waiting for the fuel quantity valve hopefully its that, what i also found weird was the values read with ista when operating starter it only read 2.2 bar when setpoint was 250+
(i’ll leave a couple pictures of the tests)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2023, 12:35 PM   #3
AlexNO
Registered
Rep

i have changed the Fuel quantity control valve on the hpfp and the Pressure regulating valve on the rail and also the pressure sensor on the rail and nonthing has changed, what seems weird to me is when i took the rail of i was almost empty so seems nothing gets up there.
Is this hpfp issue for sure?
Appreciate 0