2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Creak back agian for Seatbelt /B- pillar - any ideas?

05-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
AP
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Creak back agian for Seatbelt /B- pillar - any ideas?

I have a creak that seems to have got worse again where the seatbelt rubs against the plastic on the b-pillar. Any slight movement (which is worse when driving around town as your body moves around due to the bumps) make the matter worse. As its right next to your ear , it difficult to ignore unless I have the radio on.
I had this plastic replace by the dealer some time back but it seems to have got worse again.
I can't use any lubricant on the belt nor the plastic as that will end up on my clothes.
I suspect if I was sitting further back, it the belt wouldn't rub against the plastic but that's not an option for me.

Any ideas on how to solve?
(Turning up the volume is not a valid answer!)
Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  80.3 KB
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 07:05 AM   #2
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP
I have a creak that seems to have got worse again where the seatbelt rubs against the plastic on the b-pillar. Any slight movement (which is worse when driving around town as your body moves around due to the bumps) make the matter worse. As its right next to your ear , it difficult to ignore unless I have the radio on.
I had this plastic replace by the dealer some time back but it seems to have got worse again.
I can't use any lubricant on the belt nor the plastic as that will end up on my clothes.
I suspect if I was sitting further back, it the belt wouldn't rub against the plastic but that's not an option for me.

Any ideas on how to solve?
(Turning up the volume is not a valid answer!)
Attachment 867914
The load should be pathed on the metal ring. However, it sounds like some of the load is pathed on the plastic surround. The plastic surround can't handle the load and converts any forces to squeaks.

We have to get that load pathed back on that metal ring. Is there a way to raise the metal ring slightly?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
AP
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

I don't think there is any way to adjust it. It's primarly because of my seating position , I suspect someone sitting further back would not see the issue.
not that the belt is dirty but it might be worth cleaning it with a damp cloth with mild detergent (which is what I think the manual states is ok)
Appreciate 0