2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications RSi Downpipe review for F10 535i (n55)

12-23-2016, 04:57 PM   #89
Brandon6127C
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 535i M sport

Bootmod3
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2016, 05:05 PM   #90
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon6127C View Post
Bootmod3
Damn ok
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2016, 05:08 PM   #91
Brandon6127C
Private
Rep

Sorry was hard to read. There is his graph zoomed in
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2016, 05:12 PM   #92
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
Quote:
Sorry was hard to read. There is his graph zoomed in
Impressive but you can see even the stock turbo on those cars take a dump around 5. Now imagine that on our cars with less power and more weight.

If you're getting 4.7 post results and please share the recipe because I need to get back there. Maybe awd is part of the equation for the F10.
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2016, 05:23 PM   #93
Brandon6127C
Private
Rep

I'm by sure what your talking about. Those cars don't show 0-60 times. So where are you getting that even these cars are only 5 sec? You don't dyno first gear launching.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2016, 05:29 PM   #94
Brandon6127C
Private
Rep

I guess I'm not sure how I could prove it to you since you don't believe a 535i with 446/570 can get better than 5.0 sec. I'll just end this conversation now I guess. Thanks and enjoy your BMWs everyone. Happy holidays.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 03:33 PM   #95
STLBimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 & 2015 i8

Thanks Brandon and Jakeem. Sounds like some pretty straightforward/easy mods for some decent gains.

Cheers,

DD
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2017, 10:07 PM   #96
Brandon6127C
Private
Rep

Consistently 4.62 to 4.70.

Jb4 stage 2 (map 7)
Dr Euro Catless downpipe
Muffler delete w/quad tips
Custom intake
VSRF charge pipe
93/e85 (Octane/flex fuel) 3 gal e85

Brake and build boost throttling to 2500 rpm then let go brake and mash throttle. Normal mode with ALL traction controls off. In Sport mode of shifter S1,S2,S3....

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2017, 02:14 PM   #97
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaekeem View Post
I just wanted to share my personal experience now with this new downpipe from RSi Tuning. At the moment this is the only available downpipe for our N55 motors found on our F10 5-series. I must say this is just a remarkable mod for our cars given the amount of power gained all throughout the powerband.

Current mileage on car: 14,032 miles (JB has been on since 2,000miles)

Current power mods:
RSi downpipe
JB Stage 1 set at +4.5psi over stock
MXP prototype exhaust from e9x M3
K&N drop in panel air filter
91oct pump gas from Chevron

Stock vs. Current power mods

Dyno graph before and after RSi downpipe with the same boost setting

Power
The power gain is remarkable and if you take a close look at the RPM range the power increased its just too much fun to drive. We have the opportunity now to obtain comparable power goals the 135 and 335 owners have.

Torque
Net gain vs Stock: 64tq
Net gain with and without downpipe: 18tq

Horsepower
Net gain vs Stock: 46hp
Net gain with and without downpipe: 19hp

The total power gained from these modifications have increased my driving enjoyment easily ten fold. The peak power that was available with a stock motor is now available from 4300RPM and just continues to climb and hold steady all the way through redline. As for the available torque all I can say is that the car can now spin my BBS LM-R through first gear and a bit of second. I can definitely say that compared to stock this car really can get moving quickly.

Driveability & Sound levels
The driveability of the car remains untouched, I feel that the car is not loud at all with my current exhaust setup. If anything the downpipe is now letting my car breath which allows you to hear the turbo spool, and also gain that throaty/raspy sound. Its definitely got a much more aggressive exhaust note and does not drone at all. When cruising at freeway speeds its actually just a touch louder than stock.

I also had the opportunity to see, hear, and drive Alex's car (78mao) with the same downpipe and with a stock exhaust system, his car is pretty amazing as well. You can definitely hear the turbo spool better and has a similar sound to a 135i and a 335i. So this downpipe definitely does wonders even for those of you that are not interested in getting an exhaust system.

Future power mods:
Custom FMIC
Reinstallation of Meth injection kit
Increase JB Stage 1 boost to +6.0psi w/ Meth injection as advised by Terry
MXP Production exhaust system in full titanium

Final Thoughts
I have been on a quest for power since I first bought this car, and now I can finally say that I am satisfied with the gains this downpipe has provided. If anything this mod finally put good use to the other power mods I have installed and is just...awesome.

My short term goal is to reach 340hp with meth and the production MXP exhaust
Then when I get the chance I am going to try and reach 350hp with an FMIC

Shoutouts go out to the following people:
Daniel @ RSi Tuning
Steve & Tom @ EAS (European Auto Source)
Terry @ Burger Tuning
Alex for introducing me to Daniel
Jsyang15 for making me spend too much money on this car

excellent write-up complete with pictures and dyno charts

in regards to 78MAO's setup with downpipe and stock catback was the exhaust loud when you step on it?

I think this would also be a sweet setup given that turbo engines greatly benefit from reduced backpressure near the turbo rather then the rest of the exhaust system so I think a downpipe makes more sense then a catback.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 09:25 PM   #98
2013_535ixdrive
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i x drive Black

A year and a half later...

Quote:
Go with jb4 stage 2, they come with flex fuel wires already.

The 3 most notable power gains are
Jb4 stage 2
Catless downpipe
E85 flex fuel

Example
Last night I raced a 2014 Challenger SRT8 0-80 (when I let off) and had no problem taking it. Got ahead stayed ahead

I have 2011 535i xdrive m sport
Jb4 stage 2 on map 5
75/25 mix of 93/e85 fuel
Dr. Euro Catless downpipe
Custom intake
VRSF charge pipe
Muffler delete with quad tips

If you look on this forum and buy appropriately you can have everything for under $1000 and it's a night and day difference. That's a lot of bang for your buck.
I just got my first BMW. 2013 535i x-drive. I have quickly become obsessed reading all the forums and researching the performance upgrades. I was wondering if I could ask for opinions on quality parts. Brandon in 2016 says go with JB4 stage 2 on map 5 (I am still trying to understand the stages and maps) but is this tuner still recommended in October 2017? Are the Dr. Euro DP's and AFE's high dollar downpipe so much better than the VRFS downpipe? Does the Charge pipe make a big difference? Last question... Do the Remus Sport exhaust sound that freaking good in person??? Do I have to spend that kind of money on the exhaust to make it sound that awesome?

I am just looking to hear some good advice and direction. I have done my research but I am having a hard time finding owners to talk to that really know.
Thanks for reading!!
Scott
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 10:09 PM   #99
Dollar Bill 535
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i N55

Scott, start a new thread and there are plenty of 535i experts on the forum, majority of them much more knowledgable than myself.

I have a 2011 F10 N55 PWG with:
JB4 w/ Bluetooth
Wagner intercooler
BMS intake
ER chargepipe
ER castless downpipe
Muffler delete with 3.5" tips
Mixing E85 with 93

I been very happy with the performance increases and my F10 feels like a race car. Check out AZ's recent progress hitting 141mph with 21 psi peak.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2017, 10:35 PM   #100
2013_535ixdrive
Rep

Thank you for your reply and sharing your setup. If you had it to do over, would you do anything different (mod or brand)?

What you have is very similar to what I am looking for. If I can hit those numbers and use the term "like a race car" I will be more than satisfied (will possibly giggle like a little girl).

Do you use the Map 5 setting with your JB4? If so, what kind of MPG do you get on an easy commute to work or what I call "Sunday driving"?
I have not seen or read about the JB4 w/ Bluetooth. I guess I have not read as much as I thought.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2017, 01:30 AM   #101
ICantDrive4Sht
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_535ixdrive View Post
I just got my first BMW. 2013 535i x-drive. I have quickly become obsessed reading all the forums and researching the performance upgrades. I was wondering if I could ask for opinions on quality parts. Brandon in 2016 says go with JB4 stage 2 on map 5 (I am still trying to understand the stages and maps) but is this tuner still recommended in October 2017? Are the Dr. Euro DP's and AFE's high dollar downpipe so much better than the VRFS downpipe? Does the Charge pipe make a big difference? Last question... Do the Remus Sport exhaust sound that freaking good in person??? Do I have to spend that kind of money on the exhaust to make it sound that awesome?

I am just looking to hear some good advice and direction. I have done my research but I am having a hard time finding owners to talk to that really know.
Thanks for reading!!
Scott
VRSF Downpipe is fine. And Catless downpipe + Different mufflers/muffler delete will itself make an awesome sound, if you ask me i wouldnt spend money on a whole exhaust.
Chargepipe is recommended to change, the OEM is plastic and can crack easily.
Map 5 on Jb4 is autotune, so you can just enjoy the ride and let the little device do its work.
Also search up Bootmod3, it is a Flash tune to your car unlike jb4 which is a piggyback, theres nothing but good feedback from it on these forums.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2017, 09:14 PM   #102
S1ammin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i MSport

I mean, this is a heavy, luxury sports sedan. Unless you spend an insane amount of money on speed/power upgrades, it will always still be a luxury sports sedan.

That said, you can get some real spunk out of this engine for cheap, but to make it into a race car ain't cheap.

I just have JB4, BMS intake and SprintBooster and that has transformed this heavy beast into a less heavy beast, to me, but by no means a race car.

Where anyone with this platform wounds up happy with will probably depend on what they started with, including suspension, engine, wheels and tires.

I'm more than happy with my very modest setup and the only next 'mod' I'm going for is some nice non-runflat tires.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2017, 07:53 PM   #103
Dollar Bill 535
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_535ixdrive View Post
Thank you for your reply and sharing your setup. If you had it to do over, would you do anything different (mod or brand)?

What you have is very similar to what I am looking for. If I can hit those numbers and use the term "like a race car" I will be more than satisfied (will possibly giggle like a little girl).

Do you use the Map 5 setting with your JB4? If so, what kind of MPG do you get on an easy commute to work or what I call "Sunday driving"?
I have not seen or read about the JB4 w/ Bluetooth. I guess I have not read as much as I thought.
I’ve been very pleased with all my choices thus far. My only regret is ever going to a dealership for any service. Haha

I use Map 5, but lately I have been on Map 7 by mixing E85 with 93. I don’t pay too much attention to the mpg, but it’s not bad.

The best starting point to transforming your F10 is to email BurgerTuning. They are extremely knowledgeable and have great products.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2017, 01:25 PM   #104
2013_535ixdrive
Rep

My Fellow 535 gurus,
Your feedback has been priceless! I have a little more research to do but I know where I have to start now. Research-wise, I have to figure out the difference between the Bootmod3 vs the JB4. I understand the JB4 and how to use it (such as Map5 for beginners, and is adaptive to the mod stages) but 6erLover you threw a kink in my JB4 decision because my OCD forces me to research all options. I just don't recall seeing that one in the threads. Also, the SprintBooster from S1ammin is another I am currently looking up.

I am pulling the trigger on the following mods -probably in this order unless you see something wrong with it.

Intake - BMS Intake over the AFE because I cannot find anything that proves the money difference is worth it.

Downpipes catless- Still deciding between VRSF or ER, again they seem very similar quality

Tuner - JB4 unless something else proves better for my new love!

Charge pipe - again VRSF or ER whichever I find the best deal on.

Wagner Intercooler

DollarBill - For some reason, I thought I had to put an exhaust on it after the downpipes such as the expensive REMUS Sports exhaust. Will it sound just as good without it?

Also, did you purchase the offered $100 plug-in for the catless downpipes? That turns off the idiot light, right?

Thanks again for everything. I am really enjoying all of the feedback. I look forward to hearing from everyone.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2017, 01:32 PM   #105
$howtime456
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i

Currently on in my N55 640i
ER DP
ER CP
JB4 Map 5
M5 Exhaust
BMS Intake
Magnaflow Xpipe
Sprint Booster V3
BMS/Devils Own Methanol Injection Almost Done..

Waiting to see what numbers i can pull
Precision 6266 On Steroids
Appreciate 0