2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications (PLEASE HELP) n55 EU5 injectors

11-09-2023, 04:53 PM   #1
00866b
Rep
Drives: Bmw 535i

(PLEASE HELP) n55 EU5 injectors

Okay so here me out ,
I got a 2015 535i tuned stage 2 with bootmod3

Last year it started to miss fire so I’ve replaced the spark plugs , and the coils with PR ignition kit ,
Same thing happened kept miss firing only under heavy load if a floor it, if I didn’t , it’d b good .

Fast forward to this week I finally got time to take it apart , and I’ve replaced the spark plugs n got Ngk gapped at .20
Replaced the coil wiring from PR website

Bought Eu5 injectors , installed them followed YouTube video , put everything back , coded the injectors with protools app on android
(Keep in mind one of the injector did not have a calibration number so I left it blank ) I got pic if someone want to see,
After I coded the car , I tuned it with the eu5 selection under bootmod map
Reset the adaption for everything ,
Cleared all the codes ,

But test drove it 50% load ,
Got a check engine light , cleared it , never showed up but it’s still gets read by bootmod and BimmerLink , (pic attached for codes)
I’ve also data logged this drive if anyone can read logs,
And this was in in September last year with the old injectors,,,

Idk what to do ,
The car has a rough ass idle when it starts a cold start , but then no rough idle or anything , did I unplug some? Please help
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 07:39 PM   #2
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

My guess is the unidentified injector.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 07:43 PM   #3
N55FTEN
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00866b View Post
Okay so here me out ,
I got a 2015 535i tuned stage 2 with bootmod3

Last year it started to miss fire so I’ve replaced the spark plugs , and the coils with PR ignition kit ,
Same thing happened kept miss firing only under heavy load if a floor it, if I didn’t , it’d b good .

Fast forward to this week I finally got time to take it apart , and I’ve replaced the spark plugs n got Ngk gapped at .20
Replaced the coil wiring from PR website

Bought Eu5 injectors , installed them followed YouTube video , put everything back , coded the injectors with protools app on android
(Keep in mind one of the injector did not have a calibration number so I left it blank ) I got pic if someone want to see,
After I coded the car , I tuned it with the eu5 selection under bootmod map
Reset the adaption for everything ,
Cleared all the codes ,

But test drove it 50% load ,
Got a check engine light , cleared it , never showed up but it’s still gets read by bootmod and BimmerLink , (pic attached for codes)
I’ve also data logged this drive if anyone can read logs,
And this was in in September last year with the old injectors,,,

Idk what to do ,
The car has a rough ass idle when it starts a cold start , but then no rough idle or anything , did I unplug some? Please help

What type of supporting mods do you have done to your car to run BM3 Stage 2? The reason I ask is because I was running into a similar issue when I had BM3 on my car for a short while. It felt the stage 2 was tuned to dump more fuel than what my stock HPFP could handle. Since I hadn't upgraded my HPFP at the time, the car was bogging during heavy lead or WOT. I ended up going back to MHD and ditching BM3 all together.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2023, 11:02 AM   #4
00866b
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
My guess is the unidentified injector.
Here’s the codes that it got when I pushed it n floored it
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2023, 11:04 AM   #5
00866b
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55FTEN View Post
What type of supporting mods do you have done to your car to run BM3 Stage 2? The reason I ask is because I was running into a similar issue when I had BM3 on my car for a short while. It felt the stage 2 was tuned to dump more fuel than what my stock HPFP could handle. Since I hadn't upgraded my HPFP at the time, the car was bogging during heavy lead or WOT. I ended up going back to MHD and ditching BM3 all together.
Did it fix the issue ?
I was doing e30 agg stage 2 tune
With e30 blend of 93 gas octane ,
Everything is upgraded pr race works ignition kit
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 08:14 AM   #6
N55FTEN
Rep

Quote:
Did it fix the issue ?
I was doing e30 agg stage 2 tune
With e30 blend of 93 gas octane ,
Everything is upgraded pr race works ignition kit
I did resolve the issue. But I ended up upgrading everything. FBO ( FTP Boost and Charge Pipes, Bimmerhausperformance CAI, Turbosmart BOV, RVG High Flow DP, Custom 3.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust), PR Coils and wires, NGK 2 Step colder plugs, Dorch Stage 2 HPFP, Walbro 450 LPFP, MHD Flex Fuel Kit, MHD Pure Boost Custom Tune, XHP Stage 3 Trans Tune, Running E80.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 08:17 AM   #7
00866b
Rep

Quote:
I did resolve the issue. But I ended up upgrading everything. FBO ( FTP Boost and Charge Pipes, Bimmerhausperformance CAI, Turbosmart BOV, RVG High Flow DP, Custom 3.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust), PR Coils and wires, NGK 2 Step colder plugs, Dorch MHD Pure Boost Custom Tune, XHP Stage 3 Trans Tune, Running E80.
The only thing I don’t have is the Stage 2 HPFP, Walbro 450 LPFP, MHD Flex Fuel Kit
So u think it’s either hpfp or
Lfpf , bc everything else is fbo even the turbo smart bov I have that
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 11:14 AM   #8
N55FTEN
Rep

Quote:
The only thing I don’t have is the Stage 2 HPFP, Walbro 450 LPFP, MHD Flex Fuel Kit
So u think it’s either hpfp or
Lfpf , bc everything else is fbo even the turbo smart bov I have that
I would first go the cheapest route before adding anything costly into the mix. So, in your case, I'd say since you're running BM3 Stage 2, bump it down to Stage 1 to see if that resolves the issue.

The stock LPFP is capable of running up to E20-E30 without any issues. Hope that helps. Keep me updated.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 11:22 AM   #9
00866b
Rep

Quote:
I would first go the cheapest route before adding anything costly into the mix. So, in your case, I'd say since you're running BM3 Stage 2, bump it down to Stage 1 to see if that resolves the issue.

The stock LPFP is capable of running up to E20-E30 without any issues. Hope that helps. Keep me updated.
I’m waiting for my tank to be drained , so I can only flash my shit to stick ecu map , and see if the misfire still consist , but I think we getting off topic , my injectors were constantly misfiring upon start , me n u both have fbo except I don’t have the hpfp or lpfp upgraded . And now after the injectors swapped , I can here a clunk sound near the tank area or in the rear seats
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 12:30 PM   #10
N55FTEN
Rep

Quote:
I’m waiting for my tank to be drained , so I can only flash my shit to stick ecu map , and see if the misfire still consist , but I think we getting off topic , my injectors were constantly misfiring upon start , me n u both have fbo except I don’t have the hpfp or lpfp upgraded . And now after the injectors swapped , I can here a clunk sound near the tank area or in the rear seats

That clunk from the rear seat sounds like the LPFP, since that's where it's located. But reading back to an earlier post of yours, you stated you coded all but one injector since it wasn't marked. That MAY be the issue with cylinder 5 misfire.
Appreciate 0