2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum F10 - SLI Retrofit (Emulator) - SUCCESS!

02-13-2022, 11:06 PM   #23
Blue Angel
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 323i and 2016 535d

Ah, so I have KAFAS2 then. My car is twice as good as I thought it was before, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 04:46 PM   #24
vern321
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 530 D M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Angel View Post
My North American 2016 F10 has speed limit info and I always thought it used the KAFAS camera to read speed limit signs. Are you saying this option is map-based, or is it always map-based?

My car updates speed limit info even in temporary speed zones like construction zones etc. and the speed limit changes right after passing the sign. This would have to be using the camera, no?
There are KAFAS and KAFAS2. If your vehicle have KAFAS, it will not display SLI. That camera will not read road signs. If you have KAFAS2, it will read road signs and display SLI. It will also read construction zone speed limit and update as well. When you are driving in a zone that does not have a speed limit posted for the camera to read, it will pull SLI from your road map.

For those that have KAFAS, you can upgrade to KAFAS2 by switching out the camera and module then code it. Some vehicles already have KAFAS2 and will only need to do coding.
Ah ok to clarify with the emulator it only gets data from the sat Nav map data, thus any temporary speed limit change will not show up in SLI that would be picked up by KAFAS2 I didn't realise KAFAS did not have that function.
Appreciate 0