2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Bad Business practice by Pure

01-13-2017, 10:20 PM   #23
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i 2011 F90 2020 COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkiedm4 View Post
Hi Guys,

I am also reseller for pure turbos in Europe. I have been working for more than a year now with Pure Turbo's. And I really can't say anything bad about them.

They are responsive, have great service, stick to agreements and have great after service as well. Jesse and Charles are great to work with.

But for this case having heard OP version and Pure's version I would like to share my opinion. While I do understand that if the customer really came through the OP, then why did he order himself directly from Pure? The order should be placed by OP with Pure. If anyone is to blame then it's the customer in this case. If he was going to buy through you he should not have ordered it himself? I don't see why you blame Pure Turbo's for it.

Sometimes I have customers asking me a quote for parts + install. Sometimes later they come with part can you do me install as well then I say we have to relook at install price as the price I made prior was project price.

So really I would reconsider your post as I don't think Pure is to blame here imo.

Greetz,
Peter
We only needed turbos we didn't need anything else from PURE no work nothing. I never worked with them i do not know their policy, that's why i offered to cancel the order and ordered under my name. You can read rest of details in my other post.
      01-20-2017, 06:29 PM   #24
natecbarrett
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i 6MT

Said Customer

I am said customer. The entire reason I ordered these turbos is because badblack highly recommended them to me. He is a stand up guy and knows his stuff. I think its fair for him to get his commission. I did not go around him to save a buck. If i have to i will personally send him his commission
Appreciate 3
      01-20-2017, 06:40 PM   #25
747flyboy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 2012 550i M

Pure Turbo need to acknowledge BadBlack contributions to N63 community and particularly on this board. They were 15% savvy shorting BadBlack but has cost them $thousands. Such shops never seize to amaze me by their wisdom. I spent more money on OEM Alpina Garrett Honeywell designed and developed turbos just to avoid BS from what so called knowledgeable metal shops. The word is out. My hat is Off BadBlak and thank you for all your contribuions.
Appreciate 2
      01-20-2017, 07:36 PM   #26
Stück
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5, E46 330i, R56 Mini.S

The level of ignorance in this thread is astounding. Some of your folks have not a inkling of a idea of how the real world let alone the automotive industry operates.

Pure took a phoned in order and filled it. Job done.

Badblack and nate probably couldn't pour water out of a boot if the instructions were on the bottom.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 07:42 PM   #27
natecbarrett
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stück View Post
The level of ignorance in this thread is astounding. Some of your folks have not a inkling of a idea of how the real world let alone the automotive industry operates.

Badblack and nate probably couldn't pour water out of a boot if the instructions were on the bottom.

Yea your right they didn't teach me how to pour water from a boot when I got a dual masters in mathematics and computer science.

I am not saying pure did not do the job, all im saying is that the reason they got the sale was from bad black and him alone.!!!
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2017, 07:56 PM   #28
badblack550xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i 2011 F90 2020 COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stück View Post

WTF are you blabbing about no one gave me any instructions.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 08:18 PM   #29
S1ammin
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i MSport

I definitely don't know how these type arrangements go. I'm just an IT guy, and am fairly new to BMW ownership. But in reading the thread as it unfolded, and as presented, it appeared to me to be something that it obviously was not.

And my hat is off to the purchaser, and also most sincerest apologies for incorrectly assessing the true story around this entire discussion.

natebarette, my apoligies.
Appreciate 0