2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Bluetooth A2DP annoyance

10-07-2011, 05:01 AM   #1
rubik
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i TiAG

Bluetooth A2DP annoyance

I regularly stream music from my smartphone (Android) to the car's infortainment system. Unlike other A2DP receivers in other cars/players, in the F10, music autoplays as soon as the bluetooth is connected when you start the car. This is not a very big deal, however, besides auto playing , it doesn't start where it left off, but restarts the current track that it last played. This is normally no problem as i do like to start the song again from the beginning, however it becomes a problem when i'm listening to audio podcast. I'll be listening midway through an hour long podcast and when i get back in the car, it starts from the beginning again.

Does anyone know how to 'disable' this 2 (autoplay & auto restart track) ?

Thx a bunch.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
BDV
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F11 525D

mmm, I guess auto-play might be car-related, the auto-restart most probably is not: I have the same behavior with my iPhone, except for the auto-restart. I listen to hour-long podcasts too, and it simply continues where it was last time I stopped listening (after switching to radio, getting out of the car, making/answering a phone call, ...).

Personally I like the auto-play as it consistent with the behavior of e.g. listening to the radio.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
rubik
Enlisted Member
Rep

that's interesting. The auto-restart only happeneds on my F10. My other car does not auto restart. I'll need to investigate further
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2011, 10:19 PM   #4
rubik
Enlisted Member
Rep

Looks like you're right, changed to a different software player on my phone and it doesn't restart the track. Thx for the info
Appreciate 0