2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Dinan Springs and Shockware Info

12-21-2016, 11:38 AM   #1
Sir Diablo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Dinan Springs and Shockware Info

I am curious to know if anyone has installed the Dinan spring and shockware on a F10 550 without using the bump stops they advise. i am having the springs installed next week, already have shockware, but did not want the bump stops since i am looking for a sporty stiffer feel..would like to know from those driving around without the bump stops if it makes the ride too harsh, if you guys like it, or regret not getting the stops?

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2016, 02:30 AM   #2
Desmond79
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i, 2009 328i

From my research, the bumpstops are more of a safety valve for a lowered car to offer the shocks more travel. At least, when I talked with Koni and Dinan that was their take on the bumpstops - to save your shocks. I ordered Dinan bumpstops for less than $99.

Last edited by Desmond79; 12-25-2016 at 06:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2016, 01:32 AM   #3
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 550 Xdrive Msport

You will want to install the Dinan front and rear control arms as well to take full advantage of the Dinan shockwave software. As I did. The bump stops are indeed safety items to prevent damage from a lowered car. They are so cheap, I would highly recommend them if lowering the car. Control arms are easy, about 3-4 hours of work. 1 hour in the back and 3 hours in the front as you have to remove the ECU (pre TU) on passenger side and it is tied in with the inter cooler antifreeze lines. Drivers side you have to remove the Overflow reservoir, or at least loosen the whole assembly. This is done to get to the 10 mm bolt (I believe) behind each of these items on left and right side to remove the control arm bolt. Now remember, MANY of the nuts and bolts in this process are ONE TIME USE ONLY and MUST be replaced for safety. www.bmwtis.com offers OEM BMW instructions for 30 dollars a day and you can print out everything for what you need done if DIY.
Appreciate 0