2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding BMW DAB and station text

04-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #45
335dxd
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: F31 335d Msport

Don't know will try the thumbwheel?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 02:20 PM   #46
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d MSpt

cheers

someone suggested in another thread that in this version of the software on the first incoming call you won't even get the "Accept" / "Hang Up" menu in the black panel info area though which is poor...with my current s/w version I get that on first and every call.

interested to hear what you find 1970Jon.

out of interest in i-drive if you got to the menu where it shows software version (think its under vehicle settings?) what are you version numbers showing as? there should be two of them.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #47
335dxd
Private First Class
England
Rep

No you do not get the accept/hang up message in the black panel info display.

My software version MX: 003.004.031 and TX 003.004.031

Think this is latest version? I have not flagged this to BMW but I will!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #48
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

thanks!

my version is a lot older than that I think. Wonder how they've managed to screw that up then if it seems they've not had to make any changes to the "telephone" code. I guess they must have been altering to code somehow and just not QA'd it properly.

you've made my mind up. definitely NOT getting the recode done on monday. end of the day my DAB works i'll just live without the "info" scrolling for a bit longer until the next software version then hopefully BMW will just release fixes and not fixes + new bugs
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #49
Titanflux
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 335d M Sport auto

Garage List
I'm having no issues with incoming calls at all. Can use thumbwheel to answer or reject or use phone button to accept. Will check and post SW versions.
      04-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #50
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanflux View Post
I'm having no issues with incoming calls at all. Can use thumbwheel to answer or reject or use phone button to accept. Will check and post SW versions.
Great. I will call dealer later and see what versions they would be applying to compare. Think people on certain version said it only affects first incoming call. Could be if you've made an outgoing call first by chance then that might be enough to activate that part of the software to the point where is the first incoming call arrives all is now ok.

Guess if you can reproduce start car, dont make any outgoing calls and just simulate an incoming call first. See if it still works.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 02:14 AM   #51
335dxd
Private First Class
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernmonkey View Post
Great. I will call dealer later and see what versions they would be applying to compare. Think people on certain version said it only affects first incoming call. Could be if you've made an outgoing call first by chance then that might be enough to activate that part of the software to the point where is the first incoming call arrives all is now ok.

Guess if you can reproduce start car, dont make any outgoing calls and just simulate an incoming call first. See if it still works.
Yes...just first incoming call for me..can only be answered with Idrive...after that all other incoming calls come up on the black panel (dash) and can be answered with the thumbwheel etc..to be honest I did not think this was an 'issue' as I assumed that may be my phone had not synced correctly but obviously it does seem to be some sort of 'glitch' in the matrix!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #52
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Is yours at 3.4.31 as well?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #53
Titanflux
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Totally forgot when I was out and about today - in Blackpool of all places. Will check in the morning when I am washing.
      04-10-2011, 04:36 AM   #54
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Totally forgot when I was out and about today - in Blackpool of all places. Will check in the morning when I am washing.
Thanks am at dealer Monday am so be good to go armed with correct info. Appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #55
Rochdale Pioneers
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d SE

Anyone got DAB without having both pro nav and TV function? I'd specced a car without either of those, just the DAB, and placed a paper order on Friday.

Having gone back onto the BMW car configurator to show a friend my spec, its suddenly saying I can't have DAB without also adding pro nav and TV?

Have they suddenly decided this has to be bundled?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #56
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

sounds like a mistake on the website...especially the TV thing.....there's no way they'd make you order TV just to get DAB....unless they've really lost the plot. Similarly cannot imagine they'd insist on media pro either
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #57
BimmerUKF10
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 535d

I have pro nav and DAB, but no TV. Just had the software update done to correct the text problem with DAB. Can confirm I too cannot answer calls from the steering wheel. Tried the thumbwheel too. Can hang up, just cannot answer!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 01:39 PM   #58
Titanflux
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Week 9 production, Professional Nav:

Multimedia: MX-003.004.031
Telephone: TX-003.004.031

I can confirm having re-tested that I have no problem answering calls from the steering wheel. Just got in the car tonight, started to drive away and got a call. Answered straight away by pressing the phone button on the steering wheel no problem. No call made outbound beforehand. It did appear in the black panel with the option to accept or reject - didn't have time to react and try and roll the thumbwheel to reject!

Perhaps there is an incompatibility problem with certain phone models with this SW version? I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3.1.

Northernmonkey: what did the dealer say? Sorry I didn't post sooner.

Last edited by Titanflux; 04-11-2011 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #59
pmw103
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Dreaming of a F10

Quote:
Can you ask your father if this software update has now introduced the Bluetooth call answering bug that other are talking about in one of the other recent posts on here. Essentially saying with latest software when first call comes in the steering wheel phone button cannot be used to accept the call you have to use idrive. Apparently after that subsequent calls can be accepted using button for rest of that journey.
Hi northernmonkey, Sorry for the delay in coming back to you.
He tried it just now and it appeared to work first time as before from the steering wheel, however I am sure he had trouble when he first picked it up. Will monitor and feedback if he has issues.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #60
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

thanks for the update. well mine is at the dealers now, took it in this morning and have let them have a go at the s/w update.

get car back tomorrow night so fingers crossed. whilst they are doing the s/w update they are also sorting (or looking at) the panoramic sunroof air leak thing, speaker housing fit n finish near the a-pillar and fitting a new front tyre (hopefully covered by my bmw tyre insurance or the salesman will be getting a flea in his ear) after i somehow picked up a philips screw in the passenger side front.

note to JonD i think from scotland.......i hate you my loan car is a bog standard 118d!!!!! where the heck is my 640i F12 loan car like you had.....gutted

the only good news is (no offence to any 1er owners) that at least i'm REALLY looking fwd to getting my F11 back...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #61
Titanflux
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
thanks for the update. well mine is at the dealers now, took it in this morning and have let them have a go at the s/w update.

get car back tomorrow night so fingers crossed. whilst they are doing the s/w update they are also sorting (or looking at) the panoramic sunroof air leak thing, speaker housing fit n finish near the a-pillar and fitting a new front tyre (hopefully covered by my bmw tyre insurance or the salesman will be getting a flea in his ear) after i somehow picked up a philips screw in the passenger side front.

note to JonD i think from scotland.......i hate you my loan car is a bog standard 118d!!!!! where the heck is my 640i F12 loan car like you had.....gutted

the only good news is (no offence to any 1er owners) that at least i'm REALLY looking fwd to getting my F11 back...
Be interested to see what they can do about the a-pillar /pro speaker fit... I thought I was okay with mine and now I'm not so sure!
      04-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #62
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Got car back. DAB issue fixed.

Still able to answer calls as before. A-pillar not fixed. Dealer had door cards off not enough adjustment to resolve.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #63
Rochdale Pioneers
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520d SE

Well its official. If you want DAB now you have to order it in combination with either navigation system. Wondering if this is related to any of the issues reported on here.

So, looks like I won't be retiring my Pure Highway system after all! Going to go to a dealers and see if it will mount neatly over the ashtray like in my E91. Only question is how I mount an aerial. Use their magnetic mount one with the lead out the top of the tailgate. Not an option in a saloon....
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2011, 06:53 AM   #64
BimmerUKF10
Enlisted Member
Rep

The bleep on my reversing sensors doesn't work anymore. Works for the font sensors and the screen indication also works. Problem is with reverse bleep only. I'm convinced it's since I had the DAB text fixed. Anyone else seen this?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2011, 03:08 AM   #65
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerUKF10 View Post
The bleep on my reversing sensors doesn't work anymore. Works for the font sensors and the screen indication also works. Problem is with reverse bleep only. I'm convinced it's since I had the DAB text fixed. Anyone else seen this?
Also had DAB fix and mine still work as normal.

Have u tried disabling / enabling PDC audio tone and the re-enabling it think you can do that in vehicle settings somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #66
BimmerUKF10
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Also had DAB fix and mine still work as normal.

Have u tried disabling / enabling PDC audio tone and the re-enabling it think you can do that in vehicle settings somewhere.
As far as I can see you can only adjust the volume level. Tried playing with that and no joy. It get one bleep then silence when reversing and it's becoming a pain. It's one of those faults that seems like it could only be software relevant, although it's interesting yours is fine! Other problems I have since the update are:

*can't answer first phone call from steering wheel.
*diaplay does not revert back to 'current playback' after turning ignition off then on.

I'm on software version 003.004.031. Could you check to see if yours is the same please? Under settings / software update.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0