2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK F10 Speaker Upgrade

01-16-2017, 03:44 PM   #23
Panchoa
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d M Sport

Hi guys. If any of you are interest in the MB Quart amp then mine is for sale as i have decided to go all out and get the Audison Prima 4.9 which alot more cost.

The MB Quart is a fantastic upgrade and doesnt need any harnesses to use, you just need to wire up the speakers to it and to the headunit, not a big job if you know what your doing or if you know a decent installer.

Pm me if anyone is interested. Trust the difference with decent amplification is huge!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 01:21 PM   #24
gvnomaha
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 328xi

Logic 7 Speaker Upgrade to factory Hi-Fi F10

Like many others, I did not want to drop the $600 for the Bavsound Stage One upgrade. So I scoured eBay for Logic 7 OEM fit speakers that might work. I ended up with a set of used Logic 7 speakers from an E90 for 250 bucks. The midrange speakers and the door tweeters were an exact fit. All the connectors were factory, so no cutting of wires was required.

i replaced the mid's all around and the front door tweeters without any mods. The Bavsound YouTube video has step by step instructions on how to replace speakers all around:

The front dash and rear deck tweeters required removing the old tweeters from the mounts and gluing the new tweeters in. They are an exact fit into the mounts so no issues. I bought the following on eBay:

3 Deck/Dashmount Mids and 3 Deck/Dashmount Tweeters

2 Door Mids and 2 Door Tweeter

The sound difference is amazing. Lot more depth and bass punch and the speakers can handle much more volume without losing clarity. As my dad always said "Good speakers can make an average amp sound really good." Boy was he right.

All in all about a four hour job, with the doors taking 2 hours of that.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2018, 03:33 AM   #25
Hedgyboy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 520d

Upgrade to Rubbish F10 Business speakers

Hi There, I have decided to take the plunge and upgrade the speakers on my F10.

Obviously in the F10 they have been Sneaky, unlike the E90, you cant just install tweeters as I previously did in my 2010 320d touring as the standard speakers on the 5 series only have one connection in the back.

To do this you need to purchase upgraded mids with the 2 connecters in the back then the tweeterc can plug in.

My question is. I have purchased 2 logic 7 e90 door speakers 2 logic 7 tweeters and 2 tweeter grills. Does anyone know if my standard head unit will be able to power the speakers/tweeters or do i need to buy an amp and a massive additional cost?

Many thanks in advance
Matt
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 06:40 AM   #26
greenbell14
Rep
Drives: 2013 530D M Sport

Hey there, i am contemplating the MB Quart 200.3 speakers with the MB quart NSC475 amp. I'll be honest i dont know much about speakers, but i know that the standard speakers on my f10 are awful. I've been told i need a sound processor - ive been recommended the Soundstream ICQ-4. Total cost is looking around 450 with the wiring etc. My question is, is there a better alternative to this set up? I can see there are a few other plug and play options on the first page of this post, But i want to know the best options with an amp.

Sorry for the long winded post. Im new to the forum world.
Appreciate 1
O1NE0.00
      07-07-2019, 04:31 PM   #27
Panchoa
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbell14 View Post
Hey there, i am contemplating the MB Quart 200.3 speakers with the MB quart NSC475 amp. I'll be honest i dont know much about speakers, but i know that the standard speakers on my f10 are awful. I've been told i need a sound processor - ive been recommended the Soundstream ICQ-4. Total cost is looking around 450 with the wiring etc. My question is, is there a better alternative to this set up? I can see there are a few other plug and play options on the first page of this post, But i want to know the best options with an amp.

Sorry for the long winded post. Im new to the forum world.
Sounds like you are talking to the same seller i did. In all honesty mb quart system with the soundstream is pretty decent upgrade but i found it wasnt very refined and started to distort at higher volumes. The speakers are decent but i would get a good amp like the audison one i had. Sounded a lot better than the mb quart one but then again its more expensive.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 05:09 PM   #28
bigshout
Private
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

I have these speakers installed. They are an improvement over stock, however due to the high frequency setup in the EQ of the head unit, the tweeters are over powering. I installed some Reducers which improved things. I then installed a match pp41 BMW plug and play amp which improved things further. Now I'm happy with a plug a plug system which doesn't require rewiring or power routing from battery to amp.
Appreciate 0