2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding F10 Strange BMW Online / MyInfo messages problem

08-22-2016, 08:38 AM   #1
Garethdphillips
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

F10 Strange BMW Online / MyInfo messages problem

Hi All,

I have just had a Pro Navigation system installed, which was an upgrade from my previous business system. Im really happy with the install, and the guy that did it for me did a great job. However since the upgrade, something really odd has started happening which at present is unexplained. I thought I would post here in the hope somebody may have a clue as to where to start !

I've searched for hours online but nobody seems to reference this problem before.

I have BMW Assist, which gives me the Info Plus concierge service. I can send addresses to the car via google maps etc, and have BMW Online where I can do online searches using google.

Since changing to the Pro CIC and screen, the BMW online feature doesn't work. I get the error "The Homepage is currenty not available". Also if I place a call to Info Plus from the car, any addresses / POI they send to me fail to arrive. Addresses from the BMW remote app or google maps also fail to arrive.

Whats really weired is that if I lock the car, and it goes to sleep, these messages seem to then arrive, as when I come back to the car and turn it on again, all the messages I was waiting for all arrive, and if there were new messages waiting when the car is turned on, BMW online always works. This is the really strange bit. BMW online will never work, unless I sent a message to the car whilst it was asleep, then BMW online WILL work, and I can receive the message.

If I start the car without having sent an address whilst it was off, I can never start BMW online, and and messages (from any source) that I try to send to the car will not arrive (they will arrive later when the car sleeps).

I can always update services, to list the available services in the car. This always succeeds.

THis never happened with the business system I had. I dont fully understand how all of this BMW online and messages stuff works, but I dont think it has much to do with the CIC anyhow, so I'm very confused, but I would like to get to the bottom of this somehow.

Can anybody explain a bit about how all this works. Is it the telematics module, the combox, or the CIC that handles this? When new messages dont arrive, I can still read old messages. Is the Combox crashing or something? Its very odd. When BMW online does work (becuase I sent an address to the car before getting in) it all displays and works perfectly.

Unsure if this is coding (doesnt feel like it) or some kind of incompatibility between the CIC and my cars modules?

Thanks in advance !
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 09:00 AM   #2
Garethdphillips
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Appreciate 0