2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding HIFI audio upgraded

11-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
ppatel223
Banned
Rep
Drives: F10 I3.0

HIFI audio upgraded

Processor: jbl ms8
Amp: jl xd 800/8
Center & rear deck speakers: cdt audio hd42 with ex530 crossover and drt 25 tweets
Front doors: cdt audio CL 42sl
Underseats: earthquake 8xi
Technic plug n play harness. Two combiner adapters Techinic supplies are junk. For $145, he should include decent Y cables (reduces one connection to JBL MS8). They caused me lot of pain. One failed meaning no signal passing through, other put out static signal. I though I was doing something major wrong since this was my first install. I was really mad & upset thinking I should have not tackled this job, but I decided to trace the problem, these boogers were the culprit. I threw both down & said "Damn motherf00kers", and said few things to Technic as well.

Everything sounds amazing, crisp, detailed, good mid bass.
Attached Images

Last edited by ppatel223; 11-18-2013 at 06:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

If you sent me a PM with your problems then I would have corrected them. But no such PM have been received.

I really do not appreciate this kind of threads because it does not solve anything.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
ppatel223
Banned
Rep
Drives: F10 I3.0

You are a helpful guy. But you can certainly use better quality adapters for the price you charge. I think they were both defective from the beginning few months back when I got it from you. When I installed the MS8 it was not sounding right with OEM speakers, so I thought the OEM speakers are super bad. It is not expected for this part to fail.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppatel223 View Post
You are a helpful guy. But you can certainly use better quality adapters for the price you charge. I think they were both defective from the beginning few months back when I got it from you. When I installed the MS8 it was not sounding right with OEM speakers, so I thought the OEM speakers are super bad. It is not expected for this part to fail.
They are quality adapters, it just happens that you got a bad one -or so you say. But that's not the issue. The issue is that I cannot do anything about it now, just read about your problem in a forum giving the impression that what I sold to you was completely unacceptable -when it was not. It was fixable or your money back. Simple.

Then it is the matter that you are using the harness in a different application than what was originally sold to you. So here we are discussing an apparent problem after you cut the harness and use it differently from the original application. But you are not disclosing that.

Again, I do not appreciate this kind of thread because it gives me the impression of just bashing a product just because that's what you do when frustrated. Maybe real vendors/sponsors go for this kind of thing but I'm not a vendor. This is a hobby for me. And I like very much what I do. If you have asked for a full refund because of your frustration then I would have given it to you, no problem.

But that's a moot point now.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 06:44 AM   #5
STORM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i Space Gray/Black

That is pretty weak Patel, you should have given him the benefit of the doubt before "bad mouthing" him and his product publicly. These are all probably custom made and there is probably a slim chance something could go wrong with a component. Technic has a solid reputation, and I don't think Patel is going to change that.

Last edited by STORM3; 06-23-2014 at 05:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 11:46 PM   #6
Sunny 528i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppatel223
Processor: jbl ms8
Amp: jl xd 800/8
Center & rear deck speakers: cdt audio hd42 with ex530 crossover and drt 25 tweets
Front doors: cdt audio CL 42sl
Underseats: earthquake 8xi
Technic plug n play harness. Two combiner adapters Techinic supplies are junk. For $145, he should include decent Y cables (reduces one connection to JBL MS8). They caused me lot of pain. One failed meaning no signal passing through, other put out static signal. I though I was doing something major wrong since this was my first install. I was really mad & upset thinking I should have not tackled this job, but I decided to trace the problem, these boogers were the culprit. I threw both down & said "Damn motherf00kers", and said few things to Technic as well.

Everything sounds amazing, crisp, detailed, good mid bass.
I bought a harness from Technic for my e60 and it was solid! Never had an issue with it and was truly plug & play at its best. I've inquired about another harness for my F10 but since I'm a patel also I'm to cheap to buy another one and decided to wait lol. Where's the coupon Technic?? Haha
Appreciate 0